For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

WHAT SHOULD BE CARD #7?

Unwanted
50%
The Mind's Eye
No votes
0%
There can be only one...
No votes
0%
Your Galaxy Is Impure
50%
Canar
No votes
0%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher ! Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list. Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices. The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries. Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision. Last week's winner...
Klaang.JPG
Klaang.JPG (28.85 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his Klaang, First Contact for becoming the twenty second card to enter the set. Last week's entries to pick from for Card #7...
[S] 4 Unwanted "Upgrade". Each personnel who uses a skill while facing this dilemma is stopped. Unless you have 2 Engineer, 2 Programming and Cunning>40, place this dilemma on this ship. Damage - Cards which increase this ships attributes now decrease them by the same amount. Not all technological advancements are actually improvements. Starfleet's experiments with transwarp drive in the 2280s were less than successful.
[D] 8 The Mind's Eye This dilemma is cost -1 for each Intelligence Romulan your opponent commands. Randomly select a personnel to be stopped, and if the owner of this dilemma commands Romulus and no other headquarters missions place this dilemma in your core. The selected personnel gains Assassin, Infiltrator, Intelligence, and Treachery and is commanded by the owner of this dilemma. "I have surmised that Commander La Forge was conditioned by Romulans. A process referred to historically – and somewhat inaccurately – as 'brainwashing'."
[D] (1) There can be only one... <Gowron v. Worf> <pic: 3:32 in the video above> Highlander. The owner of this card may not include more than one copy of any dilemma in his or her dilemma pile. Place this in your core. Dual dilemmas are cost +1. Non-dual dilemmas are cost -1. "You rule without wisdom and without honor. The warriors that are gathered here will not say this to you, but I will. You are squandering our ships and our lives in a petty act of vengeance!"
[D] (4) Your Galaxy Is Impure Species 8472. Choose one: randomly a personnel to be killed, then place this dilemma in your core; or randomly select two personnel to be killed. "They say...its proximity is a threat to their genetic integrity."
[Equ](1) •Canar Canar Your Telepathy personnel present gain Telepathy and are Cunning +1. Order- Choose a keyword on your Telepathy personnel and choose another personnel present to gain that keyword. This effect lasts until this order is executed again. "Crystal prism to focus and amplify telepathic abilities. The Haliians also used it to establish an empathic bond between two lovers."
This week’s contest is... Card #16! Card #16 is caught firmly between two established cards, so it's got to be:
  • a  [H] ,  [P] , or  [S] mission (after Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar but before Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel)
Closing date: Tuesday 6th October(ish - after weeks of running this, I think Monday morning for admin is the best. We'll see...). Good luck! Note: This'll be a 36 card set. Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won 1. Assuring Distraction (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 20 2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10 3. 4. 5. Political Pressure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 17 6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4 7. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE 8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16 9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2 10. 11. Business Priorities (Event) - WeyounsLastClone - 21 12. 13. 14. 15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15 16. IN CREATION THIS WEEK 17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6 18. 19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8 20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14 21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1 22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7 23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14 24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11 25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5 26. 27. •Zek, Visionary (Personnel - Ferengi) - Naetor - 18 28. •Klaang, First Contact (Personnel - Klingon) - MattgomeryScott - 22 29. 30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12   31. 32. Resistance Raider (Ship - Bajoran) - MattgomeryScott - 19 33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3 34. 35. 36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War
[AQ] 50
2 Intelligence, 2 Security, 3 Treachery, and (Cunning >48 or Strength >48)
While you command either Founders' Homeworld or Romulus and no other headquarters missions, you may play Treachery Klingons, equipment, and [Kli] ships at this mission. You may attempt and complete this mission using your [Fed] personnel with these requirements: Astrometrics, Diplomacy, 2 Honour, Leadership, Navigation, Security, and Integrity >48.
"Captain, you and I know that they have conspired with Romulans in the past. If they should be the victors in this war, they will surely form a new Klingon/Romulan alliance. That would represent a fundamental shift of power in this quadrant."
[Dom] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 2
Depicts the events of TNG's Redemption I & II, plus the Martok Founder's manipulation.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:
[P] *Q-Continuum Civil War, Embrace Freedom

[QQ] 30 points

Astrometrics, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, and Integrity > 32

Q. Temporal. When you complete this mission, flip it over.

"It's terrible, isn't it? But it's also a wonderful opportunity"

Any affiliation may attempt.

Span: 3.
Other side:
[P] *Q-Continuum Civil War, Restore Status Quo

[QQ] 0 points

Archaeology, Law, Security, and Strength > 30

Q. Temporal. At the start of each opponent's turn, if their personnel on this planet have this mission's printed requirements, flip this mission. Otherwise your Q events and interrupts cannot be destroyed or prevented by non-Q cards and your Q personnel cannot be stopped or killed by non-Q dilemmas.

No personnel may attempt this mission.

Span: 3.
Notes:

Thought it would be fun to use the Temporal mission format to create a double sided mission of the Q Civil War from the Voyager Episode “The Q and the Grey.” If you embrace freedom you get to use some of the Q's powers, but your opponent can always come along and restore the status quo. As an extradimensional space the Q-Continuum also gets its own Quadrant.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
One of my rare doesn't-fit-the-theme, just-thought-it-was-a-cool-idea entries
[P] •Orellius, Escape "Paradise"
[AQ] (35)
Engineer, Honor, Officer, Programming, and (Integrity>28 or Cunning>30)
Equipment on this mission loses its gametext. If this mission is incomplete, unless a player commands a staffed ship here, their personnel may not beam from this planet.
"Welcome to our community."
[Fed]
(2)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Risa, Search for Tox Uthat
[AQ] [30 pts]
Archaeology, Intelligence, Leadership, and Cunning >32 or Anthropology, Security, a Thief, and Strength >32
Region: Sector 001. When this mission is completed, Artifacts you play are cost -1.
"Well, let's just say I've heard rumours that the Uthat is located somewhere on Risa. "
[Fed] [NA]
Span 2
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]