This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

So yesterday, on Sunday, October 18th, we had our monthly staff meeting for the Department of First Edition. These meetings are where we update each other on the various projects we're working on and talk about issues that affect the entirety of 1E. We usually record these meetings, so that people that can't attend can watch the later.

Well, it turns out yesterday, I forgot to put the stream to "unlisted" so it broadcast on the CC's YouTube channel. It should still be there for you to watch, if you'd like. It's a pretty brief and boring meeting, as we just went over the schedule and some projects in the works. But there were a few pieces of information I don't know that I'd officially released yet, so I figured I'd give you the run down:
  • Project Storm is in testing and is likely to release in February 2021.
  • It might end up needing more time, so if it does, we'll have a small boutique product out before it. If it goes on time, the boutique will come out after.
  • Will of the Collective VIII will be kicking off in November 2020. You guys will be working together to close one of the open broken links.
  • Make it So will return in 2021, with less of an emphasis on competition and more on education/recruitment. If you've wanted to be a 1E designer, this will be your chance!
  • Starting with the Movie Block, block sets will be two instead of three.
  • There will also be non-block sets in between each block. Sometimes they will be themed, sometimes they will just be a little something for everyone.
  • The block after the Movie Block, coming out in 2022, will be Delta Quadrant based.
More details about all of this will be coming, but I figured I'd share since the info was out there anyway.

-crp
Last edited by MidnightLich on Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Fixed my incorrect date.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
:thumbsup: [1E-DQ] :thumbsup: [1E-DQ] :thumbsup: [1E-DQ] :thumbsup:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
jrch5618 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 pm Project Storm is the Dominion War finale set, right?

And yay [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] [1E-DQ] for Block 7!
To be clear, the focus of Project Storm is that final 10-episode arc. Many people will be wanting to see even more content from across all the later seasons of DS9, and want to know “well where is X?”
Don’t worry! There will be more DS9 content in future!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
all great news. Appreciate CC's hard work keeping this game going.

Really looking forward to WOTC as we continue our "semi-quarentined" lives.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Cartagia wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 am
Project Storm is in testing and is likely to release in February 2020.
Is it, though?
It's only a month behind.

:shifty:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Is it, though?
I was kinda upset by this comment all morning until right this second, when I figured out what you were pointing out. Date is fixed in the top post!

-crp

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nuts. I was hoping you were secretly working on a DeLorean in the garage and the top post was correct... :D
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:14 am Nuts. I was hoping you were secretly working on a DeLorean in the garage and the top post was correct... :D
But then, the set would already be out because he will have finished the DeLorean in the future and already put the keys behind the... wait, that's a different time travel movie.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Have Time - Will Travel

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thread feels like this now.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:51 am
Is it, though?
I was kinda upset by this comment all morning until right this second, when I figured out what you were pointing out. Date is fixed in the top post!

-crp
I probably should have used a smiley to make the cheekiness more apparently. I only caught it right away because I thought it was a thread necro and I had missed big news at the beginning of the year.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
You rang?

That ship cannot use its transporters, but I think[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]

updated with VPs and Errata