This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Cartagia wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:14 pm just make a tng property Borg Cube reprint i guess
Haven't TPTB said no more reprints that change the property logo? Or am I thinking of something else?
Easy solutions:

- jemmie attack ship/alpha attack ship type solution OR
- Borg Cube: Alpha

I would prefer the latter to use retask

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A non- [1E-DQ] ❖ borg cube is hard to fit in the lore and cant report anywhere really. May report to wolf 359 might be cool
Last edited by Ensign Q on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
So if reprinting Borg Scout Vessel with [TNG] logo is out, how about

[BO] [Obj] Consume: Scout Vessel

Plays on table. Target your unsolved planet mission with no [BO] objective on it. Your [TNG] Borg may scout that mission. After scouting complete, if your away team including Third of Five and 3x Eight of Twenty present, Objective complete: Download a Borg Scout Vessel in orbit of this planet. It gains [TNG] until end of game.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
that decision to "not errata into [TNG]" might be a death sentence to the tng logo only format (which nobody talks about anymore?) and might be withdrawn because it limits design space.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:51 pm that decision to "not errata into [TNG]" might be a death sentence to the tng logo only format (which nobody talks about anymore?) and might be withdrawn because it limits design space.
I'm kind of lost here... even if CC did allow a Borg Cube reprint that is TNG property logo, how does that help the OP who would still have no place to play that ship?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:51 pm that decision to "not errata into [TNG]" might be a death sentence to the tng logo only format (which nobody talks about anymore?) and might be withdrawn because it limits design space.
I'm kind of lost here... even if CC did allow a Borg Cube reprint that is TNG property logo, how does that help the OP who would still have no place to play that ship?
Borg Ship -> Retask would work under those circumstances.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:05 pm
you wouldnt be able to play the cube in tng only, but in otf you can always cheat a Transwarp Hub with construct starship on a nebula or seems the outpost has to be native as well.
Retask it (without breaking continuing mission)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 pm A non- [1E-DQ] ❖ borg cube is hard to fit in the lore and cant report anywhere really. May report to wolf 359 might be cool
Why would it have to be non [1E-DQ] ?

❖ Borg Cube: Alpha
[1E-DQ]
Task: Track Borg interplexing signal coming from Remote Quadrant. Scout resistance.
Your equipment and Borg personnel may report aboard.
[SCC] [SCN] [SCN] [SCD] [Bor] [Bor] [Bor]

Range 8. Weapons 24. Shields 24
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah more help for TNG Borg. Unnecessary. If you fear the lockout do not play that nonsense. Adapt or die :) :) .
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am Yeah more help for TNG Borg. Unnecessary. If you fear the lockout do not play that nonsense. Adapt or die :) :) .
I'd spot them a TNG version of the 5/11 drone (the one that prevents Borg from being put in stasis). Not that most Borg players bother with that one anyway.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am Yeah more help for TNG Borg. Unnecessary. If you fear the lockout do not play that nonsense. Adapt or die :) :) .

I'd spot them a TNG version of the 5/11 drone (the one that prevents Borg from being put in stasis). Not that most Borg players bother with that one anyway.
How does that help with Scout Encounter/ QSL? AFAIK the ship (and thus the reporting mechanism) is still in stasis even if the drones themselves aren't?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:31 pm
AllenGould wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:23 pm I'd spot them a TNG version of the 5/11 drone (the one that prevents Borg from being put in stasis). Not that most Borg players bother with that one anyway.
How does that help with Scout Encounter/ QSL? AFAIK the ship (and thus the reporting mechanism) is still in stasis even if the drones themselves aren't?
Since we'd be making a new card, I presume we'd fix that issue. ;)
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]