This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which broken link should we close?

Alrik
2%
Admiral Krell
2%
Ambassador Gral
7%
Broik
4%
Captain Silva La Forge
8%
Gagh
13%
Group of Individuals
13%
Helena Rozhenko
3%
Jeyal
2%
a Northwest Passage Region mission
8%
Nyran
5%
a Palor Toff card
9%
Perrin
4%
a new Relay or Scanner equipment
10%
a new Sickbay card
10%

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
warpaw wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:57 pm Hello, very cool WOTC!!

I had a question about why this wasn't posted in the WOTC subforum. I voted for the sickbay card.
Just in case you didn't know, you can vote 1 or all 15,
or any number in between.

Yes, that rhymed.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
10and01 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 am Well, unless something changes... was kind of brainstorming what card types one could apply to Gagh... An Equipment? Certainly, would work well with the new TOS Klingons and was what I kind of assumed it would be. An Event? Well, every time I see Klingons enjoying some delicious Gagh, it certainly seems like an event... An Interrupt, you could certainly interrupt an activity by bringing out some delicious Gagh to share with your fellow warriors. An Incident? Not a bad choice and, incidentally, this would give us some more space to deal with all of the nuances related to Gagh... An Animal Personnel? Well, if Osmotic Eel gets to be an Animal, why not Gagh? It's best served alive after all... Any other card types which make sense with this one?
Animal. One skill: May suspended play for this personnel to be consumed (discarded) by any Klingon present. You may then distribute up to 6 value to any or all of the Klingon's attributes.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
You have spoken, and Gagh defeats Group of Individuals by a single vote! Looks like Gagh is back on the menu, folks!

We'll begin the process in earnest on Monday. See you then!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 am You have spoken, and Gagh defeats Group of Individuals by a single vote! Looks like Gagh is back on the menu, folks!

We'll begin the process in earnest on Monday. See you then!

-crp
Wow... my pull-a-vote tactic worked?

Qa'pla!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Would you believe I missed it by "that much". I literally voted for all but Gagh and new Sickbay, and Gagh pulls it out, lol.
 -  
Prophet
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:04 pm Would you believe I missed it by "that much". I literally voted for all but Gagh and new Sickbay, and Gagh pulls it out, lol.
I wouldn't' worry too much. This poll gives us great data on what you guys want and don't, so you're much more likely to see Group of Individuals than you are to see Alrik. That's not a promise or a guarantee, but we do try to make you guys happy!

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:04 pm Would you believe I missed it by "that much". I literally voted for all but Gagh and new Sickbay, and Gagh pulls it out, lol.
I wouldn't' worry too much. This poll gives us great data on what you guys want and don't, so you're much more likely to see Group of Individuals than you are to see Alrik. That's not a promise or a guarantee, but we do try to make you guys happy!

-crp
I don't think Alrik is something that necessarily shouldn't get made. If it makes sense in a given set, he still got 7 votes, which means that there's some interest.

Now if you're down to 1 spot and your choices are Alrik and, say, Perin, then maybe give the nod to the latter, but that's a different conversation at that point.
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:21 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:15 pm

-crp
I don't think Alrik is something that necessarily shouldn't get made. If it makes sense in a given set, he still got 7 votes, which means that there's some interest.

Now if you're down to 1 spot and your choices are Alrik and, say, Perin, then maybe give the nod to the latter, but that's a different conversation at that point.
Yes. This list will inform choices, not dictate them. As it is with most feedback (not designed otherwise). Our #1 goal is making the best set, and if that means we need Alrik and not GoI, you'll get Alrik.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
FYI: there's going to be a small delay on starting this off. Tomorrow is the first Monday, which means it's going to feature the rules/balance updates. Working on those took more of my time than I was expecting, so I didn't get all the work I needed for WotC8 quite finished.

If you can forgive the delay and be a little patient, we'll kick this off on either Tuesday or Wednesday instead.

-crp
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]