For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 139 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This is it. The 2020 Return to Talos IV (RTT4) finale!

The final installment of the series kicks off as we approach the holidays. In the spirit of giving this time of year, this will be the biggest "giveaway" yet: RAINBOW SEALED DECK!

What's a rainbow sealed deck, you ask? Simple. You get one of every booster pack. Premiere, Alternate Universe, Q Continuum, First Contact, Deep Space Nine, The Dominion, Blaze of Glory, Rules of Acquisition, Trouble with Tribbles, Mirror Mirror, Voyager, The Borg, Holodeck Adventures, and The Motion Pictures.

On top of that, in order to make sure everybody has a playable deck, everyone will receive a Starter Deck II and a Voyager Starter.

But that's not all! In order to maximize playability, this event will also feature a few twists:

-Ignore all quadrant icons on missions, facilities, ships, and personnel; every game will have one 12-mission alpha quadrant spaceline and all personnel, facilities, and ships will be considered native to that quadrant

-Ignore all [1E-AU] and [Holo] icons when reporting personnel. All personnel can report, and be killed. (Though using those icons applies in other contexts e.g., staffing a ship). All dilemmas can be seeded.

-All personnel, ships, and facilities that a player has in play will be considered compatible with each other.

This should allow for some fun and interesting combinations!

Sounds fun already, right? But we're not done yet! As with all RTT4 events, this gig is part of the Subspace Series - which means if you play you qualify for prizes courtesy of our DoOP: Kris Sonsteby!

Still not enough, you say? Fine. You drive a hard bargain, but I want players in the arena. As a reminder, playing in this event will get you some RTT4 participation points, and a few players are closing in on the magic number of 10 points to qualify for a Return to Farpoint promo foil. However, as an additional incentive, anyone who plays in this event and finishes all of their games will qualify for an ADDITIONAL, BONUS RTT4 Foil! That means if you haven't played in any events, or haven't played in enough events to qualify, playing in this event will allow you to still get a foil. It's the giving season, so we're giving!

What are you waiting for? This thing kicks off Friday, December 4th and - based on current registration (11 as of this writing) - will run 4 rounds. If we can get to 17 I'll add a 5th round. Get signed up today!
Last edited by Armus on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Just to clarify one point: The universal compatibility rule above does NOT supersede the [Bor] deckbuilding restrictions. If you get enough Borg and Borg point objectives to play Borg, go for it, but you can't put them in your deck with non- [Bor] cards.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 am Are the current RTT4 participation points posted somewhere?
I'm tracking them on a spreadsheet. I haven't posted them publicly since the announcement article, but I can tell you that since you're currently participating in your 4th RTT4 event, your numbers are looking pretty good! :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
One More Thing: I want 20 for this event. We havent had a draw that high for any RTT4 series event this year and I want to set a record.

If we get there, not only will the fun be extended to 5 rounds, but I will send a CC Foil to every player who participates in the whole tournament. I bought multiple prize kits last year and COVID has limited my ability to hand out prizes... so go get a friend or two and get them in here, and EVERYBODY wins! Challenge issued - will you accept?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Jesseon wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:11 pm Will we still need a personnel matching a mission's affiliation box to attempt that mission or is that covered by these rainbow rules as well?
That rule is still in force. The scenario rules don't overwrite it.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
OK guys we got 15 so far, 2 more to get a 5th round and 5 more is the goal for record attendance and an extra CC Foil!!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're just under a week from kickoff and I see we have 16 players already. That's awesome! As a thank you to everyone who has stepped up so far, if everyone stays and plays, I'll give away 4 CC Foils at random if we stay between 16 and 19. This is in addition to the other prizes already mentioned.

Now, can we get to 20 and make me empty out my prize stash? That's up to you all, but from where I'm sitting, it would be a great "problem" to have! Go get your friends and let's take this thing next level!!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We just got our 17th player registered, which means we're now up to FIVE rounds! That's a first for this series, which is awesome!

Now... can we get 3 more victims CONTENDERS and hit that 20 goal? Go get a friend and get them in on this action!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 am I recruited @flyinhawaiian and we made it to 20!
Awesome!

I'll get my prize support locked and loaded! Time to blow out some swag!! 8)

What a hell of a way to end the year on a high note! :thumbsup:

And it's not too late! 20 was the goal, but that's the floor, not the ceiling. If this sounds like fun to you, you still have a day to get registered - the sky's the limit!! :D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]