For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 139 posts
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 pm
-Ignore all quadrant icons on missions, facilities, ships, and personnel; every game will have one 12-mission alpha quadrant spaceline and all personnel, facilities, and ships will be considered native to that quadrant

-Ignore all [1E-AU] and [Holo] icons when reporting personnel. All personnel can report, and be killed. (Though using those icons applies in other contexts e.g., staffing a ship). All dilemmas can be seeded.

-All personnel, ships, and facilities that a player has in play will be considered compatible with each other.

What about quadrant icons on other cards (events f.e.) ?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:59 pm
-Ignore all quadrant icons on missions, facilities, ships, and personnel; every game will have one 12-mission alpha quadrant spaceline and all personnel, facilities, and ships will be considered native to that quadrant

-Ignore all [1E-AU] and [Holo] icons when reporting personnel. All personnel can report, and be killed. (Though using those icons applies in other contexts e.g., staffing a ship). All dilemmas can be seeded.

-All personnel, ships, and facilities that a player has in play will be considered compatible with each other.

Not sure I'm following. Can you give a specific example?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Don't forget this is an OTF event, so check out the OTF Ban List. I'm looking at you...Memory Wipe, since we all got one.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Quick Clarification: the "ignore [1E-AU] " special rule applies to ALL card types, not just personnel and dilemmas.

The goal is to make as many cards payable as possible.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:50 pm Quick Clarification: the "ignore [1E-AU] " special rule applies to ALL card types, not just personnel and dilemmas.

Except for the borg ones unless you drek lots. you won't let us have that fun...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:16 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:50 pm Quick Clarification: the "ignore [1E-AU] " special rule applies to ALL card types, not just personnel and dilemmas.

Except for the borg ones unless you drek lots. you won't let us have that fun...
Is this format not crazy enough for you already? :wink:
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 pm
Clerasil ToB wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:59 pm

Not sure I'm following. Can you give a specific example?
Ancestral Vision

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I would rule that could be played (or seeded) on a [1E-DQ] icon planet, and work, but the mission would still be considered an alpha quadrant mission, so your opponent's horde of angry Klingons at, say, Survey Mission next door could come kill your Mr. Nice Guy.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ok after 2 pages of hype, peer pressure, incentives, and rules questions, it's time to make like Tex and "Git down to bidness!"

We hit 20 players, so this will be a 5 round extravaganza with LOTS of prizes at the end! But we'll get to that later. For now, here are your Round 1 Pairings:

Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (GeraldKW)

Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Matthew Zinno (CommDecker)

Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) vs. Jesse Warburton (Jesseon)

Kris Sonsteby (LORE) vs. Violet Edgar (VioletBlaze)

Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB) vs. Oliver Thust (BashirCommander)

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Jon Carter (pfti)

Stephen R Sanders (Spock with a Goatee) vs. Edwin Latrell (Latrell)

Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner) vs. Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott)

Paddy Tye (KazonPADD) vs. Matthew P (flyinhawaiian)

James Heaney (BCSWowbagger) James Monsebroten (Orbin) vs. Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)

Since this is the first round, there's a week of deckbuilding time baked into the schedule, so the official due date of your round 1 games is Saturday December 19th, 2020.

However, if we finish all of our games early, I will announce Round 2 pairings early. I know there's a stack of Holidays coming up over the next few weeks, and I want to be as flexible with the schedule as I can, but I also want to make sure the tournament is proceeding at a reasonable pace, so I would encourage everyone to try to get their games scheduled and played in the established timeframes (or faster if possible).

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU!! to everyone who decided to participate in this event. 20 was an aggressive goal, especially with the holidays, and I'm so happy and greatful that everyone turned out to make this event happen. Let's have a great time with some crazy sealed deck action!

Good luck everyone, and as always (and most importantly), have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 pm What are you waiting for? This thing kicks off Friday, December 4th and - based on current registration (11 as of this writing) - will run 4 rounds. If we can get to 17 I'll add a 5th round. Get signed up today!
Is it too late to sign up? Since pairings are done and it's already the 4th, it might be too late, but I figured I'd ask anyways :)

- James M
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Orbin wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:49 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:10 pm You can have my terrible pool, @Orbin . :shifty:
It's that bad, is it? :P

- James M
Let me put it this way:

I got War Council and a Nekrit Supply Depot, but no place to seed it.

I got Observe Ritual and one Vulcan.

I got Nevala, but no Romulan PADD.

Are you sensing a theme? :lol:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]