This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1408 posts

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
eberlems wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:25 ambetter?
If you can make the card search engine to find Kasidy Yates when searching for "cargo run", I am satisfied.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Did you use the custom skill search?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
No....
But now that you mention it:
When I search in the Custom Search field for Diplomacy all 251 Diplo personnel are shown, when I search for Diplomacy x3: no results.

When I search for "Reflection" 3 results are are shown: Revised Kim, Suna and Suna (Selaed Deck and VP) BUT when I search for "Cardassians and one hand weapon" only The Dominion Sleeper Trap will be shown. (why not the VP?)

When I copy the text " If on I.K.C. Gr'oth," of Captain Koloth into the Custom search no results are shown. When I try it with " it is attributes all 1 for each Klingon" Captain Koloth is shown. (why not the VP?)

Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:55 pm No....
But now that you mention it:
When I search in the Custom Search field for Diplomacy all 251 Diplo personnel are shown, when I search for Diplomacy x3: no results.
This would be because the quantity of a skill is stored separately from the skill itself. Considering the inputs above that all allow you to search for the skill level, I don't see an issue.
When I search for "Reflection" 3 results are are shown: Revised Kim, Suna and Suna (Selaed Deck and VP) BUT when I search for "Cardassians and one hand weapon" only The Dominion Sleeper Trap will be shown. (why not the VP?)
I was under the impression that it wouldn't return any variants, only one version of each card. So the real question is, why does it show that VP Suna? Turns out, it's because the database didn't have the first print info. I've now added that. So Suna won't show up twice in results.
When I copy the text " If on I.K.C. Gr'oth," of Captain Koloth into the Custom search no results are shown. When I try it with " it is attributes all 1 for each Klingon" Captain Koloth is shown. (why not the VP?)
This has to do with how other cards are linked to one another. Behind the scenes, there's actually more to that particular skill than what you see. The text in the database also has the styling info and the characters that denote this as a link to another card. So what the database has is "If on <em>{I.K.C. Gr'oth}</em>,". And that won't ever match a straight up search for "If on I.K.C. Gr'oth,". If you search only for "I.K.C. Gr'oth", it will show up fine, just like "Reflection". Because it matches a smaller portion of the text, without that formatting part getting involved. When you're searching, sometimes less is better, when it comes to the info you supply.
Last edited by JeBuS on Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
meh, what a high tech Frippery. I prefer the simple (but working) search engine from Lackey, where I do not need a degree of informatics :?
Last edited by Enabran on Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:51 pm meh, what a high thech Frippery. I prefer the simple (but working) search engine from Lackey, where I do not need a degree of informatics :?
They each have their weakness. In Lackey, you can't click that other card name to go directly to it, as you can with a link on this site.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
JeBuS wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:25 pm
Enabran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:51 pm meh, what a high thech Frippery. I prefer the simple (but working) search engine from Lackey, where I do not need a degree of informatics :?
They each have their weakness. In Lackey, you can't click that other card name to go directly to it, as you can with a link on this site.
I generally deckbuild using both in tandem.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I do not understand what you mean - but when I search a text in Lackey - lets say Calamarain - I can see all 3 cards containing the cardgametext Calamarain

Here I have to search 2 times to see those 3 cards
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:51 pm I do not understand what you mean - but when I search a text in Lackey - lets say Calamarain - I can see all 3 cards containing the cardgametext Calamarain

Here I have to search 2 times to see those 3 cards
Right, but if you use Lackey to search "If on I.K.C. Gr'oth", it doesn't give you a link to I.K.C. Gr'oth. You then have to search again for that. Like I said, they both have weaknesses.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can't help with Lackey stuff. I lack a desktop. But i am moderately skilled with the site search.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Neither Access Dilithium Cache nor Attend Royal Function show Elaan as being native, but when you look at her page, both of those missions show up.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]