For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 139 posts

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just to confirm, we are allowed to change our decks? Also, does the last line of the sealed format regarding dilemmas affect 1E?
4.1.3 – Sealed [UPDATED]
May be used for First Edition, Second Edition and Tribbles events.
Players at sealed events are given a limited number of cards at the event from which they must build their
deck from. Typically, this will involve a fixed set of cards, such as: those from an Official Tournament Sealed
Deck [1E] or a random pre-constructed deck, such as a starter deck [1E or 2E]. Additionally, the player may
receive a number of optional booster packs. Players should be given at least 30 minutes to build/customize
their decks prior to the start of the event and may use any or all the cards they were provided with. Players
may not use any cards they were not provided with at the event. Players may change their decks between
rounds using any or all the cards they with which they were provided. All rules limiting the number of copies
of any card that may be used in a deck or dilemma pile are suspended in sealed events.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Commander Joe wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:55 pm Just to confirm, we are allowed to change our decks? Also, does the last line of the sealed format regarding dilemmas affect 1E?
4.1.3 – Sealed [UPDATED]
May be used for First Edition, Second Edition and Tribbles events.
Players at sealed events are given a limited number of cards at the event from which they must build their
deck from. Typically, this will involve a fixed set of cards, such as: those from an Official Tournament Sealed
Deck [1E] or a random pre-constructed deck, such as a starter deck [1E or 2E]. Additionally, the player may
receive a number of optional booster packs. Players should be given at least 30 minutes to build/customize
their decks prior to the start of the event and may use any or all the cards they were provided with. Players
may not use any cards they were not provided with at the event. Players may change their decks between
rounds using any or all the cards they with which they were provided. All rules limiting the number of copies
of any card that may be used in a deck or dilemma pile are suspended in sealed events.
Yes you're allowed to change your decks.

Yes the language you cited applies. If you pulled 3 of a dilemma you can use all 3 of them.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:12 am
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:14 amKris, please tell me I didn't just give you a new idea of what to put in prize packs...
Not all prize packs, just yours. :shifty:
:) :P :wink:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am All of a player's personnel, ships, and facilities are considered compatible with each other at all times, so go ahead and play your [Kaz] guy to your [1E-Rom] Outpost... they're all friends!
Follow-up question - does this friendship extend to ship repair / outpost shielding? Cuz all my stuff is incompatible otherwise. :?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:01 pm
Armus wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am All of a player's personnel, ships, and facilities are considered compatible with each other at all times, so go ahead and play your [Kaz] guy to your [1E-Rom] Outpost... they're all friends!
Follow-up question - does this friendship extend to ship repair / outpost shielding? Cuz all my stuff is incompatible otherwise. :?
Yup.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Sykes FW Zinno 100-70 in a CRAZY down to the wire, knock down drag out, nailbiter that was packed full of zany only-in-sealed-deck shenanigans!

If everyone else's games are even half as fun as that, this tournament is going to be a total blast!

Great game, sir! I wish you happy holidays and good luck the rest of the way! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Friendly reminder that your round 1 games are due THIS SATURDAY (12/19/2020) so if you have not gotten your deck built yet and/or gotten ahold of your opponent to schedule a game, doing so in the near future is very advisable.

If you've reached out to your opponent and have not heard back, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Brian

@LORE @VioletBlaze @sexecutioner @Professor Scott @geraldkw @Latrell @jadziadax8 @bashircommander @Caretaker's Guest @Clerasil ToB @Jesseon @Spock with a Goatee
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:41 pm Friendly reminder that your round 1 games are due THIS SATURDAY (12/19/2020) so if you have not gotten your deck built yet and/or gotten ahold of your opponent to schedule a game, doing so in the near future is very advisable.

If you've reached out to your opponent and have not heard back, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Brian
Vi and I were looking to play last night but postponed to tonight. It will be interesting to see what I can do with this hot mess in a game.

EDIT: Curious to see what happens in the Niall Matthew Mccalpin game as well. :wink:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]