For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 139 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Full win for Kris over Violet 100-0. Unfortunately, those 5 points scored in the most epic way possible were of the bonus variety. Good luck the rest of the tournament! :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
OK, this pool is F'ed. How do I have two copies of Prepare Assault teams and my opponent have two copies of *redacted* dilemma if he only got one pack of that set? Was there a Reflections pack and you forgot to list it here @Armus ?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:10 am OK, this pool is F'ed. How do I have two copies of Prepare Assault teams and my opponent have two copies of *redacted* dilemma if he only got one pack of that set? Was there a Reflections pack and you forgot to list it here @Armus ?
No reflections pack - those actually don't exist in the 1e Pack generator at present.

It's more a simple function of the pack generator selecting each card independently. Assuming the card in question is a U or C, there's nothing stopping multiple occurrences within a single pack. Depending on the set in question, this may or may not mimic Decipher-era distribution.

I'm sorry you ran into a 2-headed buzzsaw, but it's not an "error" per se, in the context of this cardpool and tournament.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Just for clarification, all posted wins so far have been Full Win 100-x. I don't see any posted time limits so are all games played to points then? Still waiting to hear from @sexecutioner for our game.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:10 am OK, this pool is F'ed. How do I have two copies of Prepare Assault teams and my opponent have two copies of *redacted* dilemma if he only got one pack of that set?
If said dilemma is (as an example) a rare from Voyager, it is possible it was received in the starter deck as well as the booster pack.
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:55 am Just for clarification, all posted wins so far have been Full Win 100-x. I don't see any posted time limits so are all games played to points then?
Online time limits are still in effect. I can't speak to everyone else, but my first game was about 7 lightning fast turns (play a card and draw a card) and then a half dozen turns with attempts. Unless your dilemmas are infinitely better than everyone else, I imagine most games will finish in 45 minutes or thereabouts.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:13 amOnline time limits are still in effect. I can't speak to everyone else, but my first game was about 7 lightning fast turns (play a card and draw a card) and then a half dozen turns with attempts. Unless your dilemmas are infinitely better than everyone else, I imagine most games will finish in 45 minutes or thereabouts.
We didn't play "forever", we were within the 1:45 time limit although we did pause the timer to look up a rule on an obscure dilemma or two.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
geraldkw wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:22 am
LORE wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:13 amOnline time limits are still in effect. I can't speak to everyone else, but my first game was about 7 lightning fast turns (play a card and draw a card) and then a half dozen turns with attempts. Unless your dilemmas are infinitely better than everyone else, I imagine most games will finish in 45 minutes or thereabouts.
We didn't play "forever", we were within the 1:45 time limit although we did pause the timer to look up a rule on an obscure dilemma or two.
IIRC, we had about 20 minutes left on the clock.

Of course, I was done well before then! :P
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
And to clarify, it was delightful to play against @geraldkw. He is a gentleman and a scholar, and got a very good pull in one of his packs. The Lackey random number generator strikes again!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're still waiting for a few Round 1 games to finish up, but we have enough that I can go ahead and pair round 2. Here are your Round 2 pairings:

Joseph Wisniewski (GeraldKW) vs. Paddy Tye (KazonPADD)

Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. James Monsebroten (Orbin)

Kris Sonsteby (LORE) vs. Julius Melhardt (Clerasil ToB)

Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Stephen R Sanders (Spock with a Goatee)

Matthew McCalpin (Professor Scott) vs. Jesse Warburton (Jesseon)

Niall Matthew (Sexecutioner) vs. Edwin Latrell (Latrell)

Sebastian Kirstein (Caretaker's Guest) vs. Joe Kallstrom (Commander Joe)

Oliver Thust (Bashircommander) vs. Violet Edgar (VioletBlaze)

Matthew Zinno (CommDecker) vs. Maggie Geppert (JadziaDax8)

Jon Carter (pfti) vs. Matthew P (flyinhawaiian)

I know Christmas is this week, but if there's any way everybody can have their game(s) in by Sunday 12/27 that would be great.

Good luck, everyone! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation