For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The Online Limited Series continues in February with the first Second Edition event in the series. Just like the first 1E event, this will be a sealed event. Very much inspired by the recent Rainbow Sealed event, I've tweaked the cardpool a bit and am trying: Reflections 2.0 Sealed.

For this event, each player will receive five booster packs of Reflections 2.0. As you might know, each booster pack of Reflections 2.0 contains one foil card unique to the set, plus 17 mixed cards from Second Edition Premiere, Energize, Call to Arms, and Necessary Evil. This will give each player a starting cardpool of 90 cards.

Cardpools will be sent out to pre-registered players on or around February 2nd (players that register after this date will get their cardpools sent within 24 hours).

After receiving your initial cardpool and looking it over, you may then choose and add one of the six starter decks to your pool as well. (The choices are [TNG], [DS9], [Kli], and [Rom] from Premiere, and [Bor] and [Dom] from Call to Arms.)

Just like in Armus's Rainbow Sealed event, the following rules will be in effect:

* If you have a headquarters mission, you may play any personnel and/or ships that couldn’t normally report to that headquarters at cost +1.

* Information Drone receives errata for this event, and will have the following gametext: Drone. Interlink: a skill on a non-[Bor] personnel present you command but do not own.

First round pairings will be announced Tuesday, February 9th. Number of rounds will be determined by the number of players that enter (usually 3 or 4). Lackey and a mutually agreeable audio chat program (usually Skype) are required to play.

Hope to see you there, and good luck!
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am You know I also ran an actual Reflections 2.0 Sealed last September, right? :wink:

I'm interested to see how the Mercenary Rule plays in the Ref 2.0 environment, as that was a note I took for a potential change after the last one.

Good luck! :cheersL:
Oops! Sorry, no I wasn't aware you had run it. I just wanted to play something that felt similar to Rainbow Sealed but wasn't quite the same so soon after the last one.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am You know I also ran an actual Reflections 2.0 Sealed last September, right? :wink:

I'm interested to see how the Mercenary Rule plays in the Ref 2.0 environment, as that was a note I took for a potential change after the last one.

Good luck! :cheersL:
Oops! Sorry, no I wasn't aware you had run it. I just wanted to play something that felt similar to Rainbow Sealed but wasn't quite the same so soon after the last one.
No apologies necessary! As I said in an earlier thread, I'm glad to see somebody carrying the torch into 2021.

I think the R2.0 Sealed was met with generally positive reviews. I did get one comment about the Mercenary Rule so I was considering it for future similar events. Like I said, I'll be interested to see how this goes! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:22 pm @Armus Do you think 5 Reflections packs is too many? Should I drop it back to four?

I've only played it with 4. It's sealed deck, everybody gets the same spin of the wheel, whether it's 4 spins or 5. I don't see much of a difference, but that's just my opinion.
 -  
Just bumping this up as a reminder that this event starts in two weeks! I've also added prize information over on the main OLS thread.

I'll send out cardpools to all pre-registered players a week before the event starts, so sign up early and you'll have plenty of time to build your deck!
 -  
Cardpools have been sent to all pre-registered players!

Please take some time to look through it, and then select one of the physical starter decks (TNG, DS9, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, or Dominion) to add to this cardpool. Please PM me as soon as you have decided! I'll send you a new cardpool with your original packs plus the starter deck you chose (which I'll need to generate as it does contain three random rares).

If you have not pre-registered and still wish to play, there's still plenty of time to sign up!
 -  
TheFlak wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 pm Thanks.
Do we need to send you our deck details once we've built our deck for the event?
Nope! You can keep your deck private for now.

You're encouraged to post your decklist after the event is over, but it's not required, and there's no need to do so while the event is in progress.
 -  
Fun fact! Six players have requested their starter deck (including myself), and four of the six different starters have been used.

Will all six headquarters be represented?

One week to go!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation