By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Do these two situations work? Pretty sure the first one does but the second one does not..........

1. I play Recruit Mercenaries and download The Albino (5 skills) and The Foragers. I'm pretty sure I can say "the Doctor is my 6th and 7th [SD] and the Nurse comes along for the ride."

2. I play Recruit mercenaries and download The Foragers and Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel. Now this time when I download the Foragers since I've downloaded 0 [SD] so far, do I have to count all 4 [SD] on the Doctor and the Nurse? Or can I still DL Doctor, say Nurse comes along for the ride, then download Ah-kel and say Ro-kel comes along for the ride....... and still have 2 more [SD] I can DL!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Downloading The Foragers with Recruit Mercenaries always "costs" 2 [SD]. (The Nurse does not have Treachery and so is not a target for RM.)

Downloading Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel with RM always "costs" 2 [SD]. (Ro-Kel does not have Treachery and so is not a target for RM.)

Sisters of Duras can never be downloaded with RM, because they're the wrong affiliation. But imagine for a minute that Sisters of Duras are [Fer]. They both have Treachery, so they are both valid targets for RM, and you must count all their combined skill dots against your Recruit Mercenaries allowance. There are eight total [SD], so you could never download the Sisters with Recruit Mercenaries (even if they were the right affiliation).

Basically: non-targets always ride free, but targets must always pay full freight. They can't sneak in thanks to a trick in how you ordered your downloads.

Relevant Glossary:
dual-affiliation cards: reporting and downloading wrote:If one of the personnel on a dual-personnel card can be reported for free (e.g., an android with Cybernetics present), the other individual is also reported for free. If a card allows the download of only one personnel, you may download a dual personnel as long as one of them is a legal target (e.g., a SECURITY personnel with Defend Homeworld). If a card allows the download of more than one personnel, all legal targets on a dual-personnel card must be counted towards the total cost, limits, and/or count of the download.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 pm Downloading The Foragers with Recruit Mercenaries always "costs" 2 [SD]. (The Nurse does not have Treachery and so is not a target for RM.)

Downloading Ah-Kel and Ro-Kel with RM always "costs" 2 [SD]. (Ro-Kel does not have Treachery and so is not a target for RM.)

Sisters of Duras can never be downloaded with RM, because they're the wrong affiliation. But imagine for a minute that Sisters of Duras are [Fer]. They both have Treachery, so they are both valid targets for RM, and you must count all their combined skill dots against your Recruit Mercenaries allowance. There are eight total [SD], so you could never download the Sisters with Recruit Mercenaries (even if they were the right affiliation).

Basically: non-targets always ride free, but targets must always pay full freight. They can't sneak in thanks to a trick in how you ordered your downloads.

Relevant Glossary:
dual-affiliation cards: reporting and downloading wrote:If one of the personnel on a dual-personnel card can be reported for free (e.g., an android with Cybernetics present), the other individual is also reported for free. If a card allows the download of only one personnel, you may download a dual personnel as long as one of them is a legal target (e.g., a SECURITY personnel with Defend Homeworld). If a card allows the download of more than one personnel, all legal targets on a dual-personnel card must be counted towards the total cost, limits, and/or count of the download.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that's out of my system.

This really needs to be simplified, but the problem is 0% Recruit Mercenaries and 100% Dual Personnel.

Solutions that I feel would fix most situations:

They are just one giant personnel, counted as one personnel for every situation except personas.

OR

They are always treated as 2 separate personnel (even two separate cards) except that they are always at the same location and if either personnel ever leaves play(or enters play) the other goes with it. If they get randomly selected resolve it with a coin toss.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:29 pmAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, that's out of my system.

This really needs to be simplified, but the problem is 0% Recruit Mercenaries and 100% Dual Personnel.
It hasn't been a priority, since the community hasn't really mentioned it since, but I have had a link to this thread saved on my punch list for nearly two years, and my basic view of the situation is unchanged.

(My punch list is 13 pages long, though.)

Feel free to interpret this post as an attempt to sound out present-day community sentiment on dual personnel rules.
They are just one giant personnel, counted as one personnel for every situation except personas.
Surprisingly popular solution in that old thread as well.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Sadly, I think romantic partners closed our window on making dual personnel count as one person. :(

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 pm
are you sure? I would say 3

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:45 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:24 pm
are you sure? I would say 3
yeah it is 3.......... that is my fault because i confused their [SD] quantity with The Foragers in the OP
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation