This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Which works better for getting out quality people? Seems like TNG. With DS9 I'm kind of limited to waiters and such at Quark's Bar. I'm not running gamma so don't want to do any Where Opportunities are Made.

They both can use Tower

Are there any other Ferengi report engines I'm missing? Seems like it is Attention All Hands, FMO with [1E-TNG] , Ds9 I just see the Bar???
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ferengi Conference is snazzy if you can get it set up to fire repeatedly.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
follow up question..........

Hypothetically speaking.......... you are using Quark's bar, and Tower of commerce in a [1E-DS9] deck...........

what are your options if you want a third free report engine that doesn't break RtQ without bringing in another affiliation (except [NA] )?

Nano-Biogenic Disarmament?

Where Opportunities are Made with Dosi trading post? And by the way.... how do you interpret the second sentence on this card?

Is it: While your [DS9][Fer] ship is at a Gamma Quadrant location, your [DS9][Fer] cards may mix and cooperate with your Dosi, Karemma, [Dom] ships, and [Dom] facilities AND ALSO your [DS9][Fer] personnel may report as if [GQ] and may report to Dosi Trading Post (as if Dosi).

Or is it: While your [DS9][Fer] ship is at a Gamma Quadrant location, your [DS9][Fer] cards may mix and cooperate with your Dosi, Karemma, [Dom] ships, and [Dom] facilities. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE A [1E-DS9] [1E-Fer] AT A GAMMA LOCATION OR NOT, your [DS9][Fer] personnel may report as if [GQ] and may report to Dosi Trading Post (as if Dosi).

Basically, is the reporting to the trading post for free part of having the Ferengi ship in GQ, or is that a separate independent clause?

Anything else (for free reports?)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 pm Is it: While your [DS9][Fer] ship is at a Gamma Quadrant location, your [DS9][Fer] cards may mix and cooperate with your Dosi, Karemma, [Dom] ships, and [Dom] facilities AND ALSO your [DS9][Fer] personnel may report as if [GQ] and may report to Dosi Trading Post (as if Dosi).
This. Otherwise, they would have used a period instead of a semicolon.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So taking the advice of winterflames I tossed it wardroom since I already had DS9 and Quark's Bar.

I've never build a ferengi deck before so this was something new to me. I liked the idea of Ferengi conference so went [1E-DS9] [1E-Fer] instead of [1E-TNG] [1E-Fer] .

I came to the conclusion that......... [1E-DS9] [1E-Fer] sucks.

One thing I like to do when i make a deck is.... toss every person that can report for free into the deck builder, check the skill density, then start weeding people out.

Well by the time you toss in all your Bar people, Tower of Commerce people and smattering of Wardroom people... you've got a whole lot of civilians and VIPs and not much else.

Sure... there are a lot of [NA] [1E-DS9] Officers to add in but they are all costing you a card play. Captain Nog is the ONLY Officer and you need a card allowing [1E-AU] to play him.

Even if you use Crossover to play the [MQ] [1E-Fer] they are getting you for classifications:

26 Civilian
6 VIP
4 Engineer (2 of them are Rom persona)
2 Security
1 Officer
0 Science
0 Medical

Yikes.

team them up with Dosi/Karemma, gets you 3 more civilian, 1 more VIP (no help) and 1 Officer. Croden, Falow and Ilandra report to Dosi Trading post with greed, that is two more VIP, one more Civilian........

So obviously I get community leader now...... they can't stand on their own and need a built in treaty... but even then I can only mix the Quark's bar people, not my tower of commerce people.

Feel like the ferengi could really use some sort of "use Civilian like any other classification" type card.

Thoughts?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dosi Trading Post can also report Vash (Life From Lifelessness), not sure if she can use the free report of the station if she is using her own reporting. Also, Not much help.

Sucking up was made for this, but you have to play it before your attempt starts. Also, not much help.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
In my corner of deck building land (and perhaps on a more casual level) the [1E-Fer] seem to be super-easy -- barely an inconvenience. So many (funny!) draw engines. Play engines, not so much -- but if you combine them...?
But in Traditional, I don't have a choice to make between [1E-TNG] and [1E-DS9] , so then you have a bigger skill pool. (Minus all the Virtual [1E-Fer] , of course.)

Isn't that an option -- using all the properties? Is there really no other way than playing those "property dividers", to boost your [1E-Fer] game? Get engines from somewhere else? :cross:

But I guess you must've looked at that, though...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i tested [1E-DS9] ferengi and theyre pretty much unplayable. you can get to an insane amount of draws per turn, but ultimately lack any skills. since NA are no free reports, the deck becomes a slugfest.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think that's why Community Leader was created. Outside of a handful of episodes, Ferengi weren't "by themselves" throughout most of DS9. I think they could easily get a bunch of lackey cards to help them, but again, wouldn't feel very Ferengi'ish. I think they are best suited as a [NA] style of play. They complement the other [RC] engines much better as additional card plays and that can mix with your other [1E-DS9] cards.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
they might play a central role in the upcoming war
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Mr.Sloan wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:46 pm Community Leader looks like a great card.

And you can use https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=5845

+ DS9 Ferengi Bartender + Bajorans + Non-aligned to report ships?

hope this time I did not misread something...

or use [1E-DS9] [Fed] + [1E-Rom] + [Kli] + [Baj] + [1E-Fer] + [NA] ?
I take it you read my article?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation