This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Been thinking of what a Temporal Block would look like... I figure the first set would focus on on TNG and Enterprise, the second on DS9 and TOS and the third on Voyager and the TOS movies. So the block would focus on time travel episodes and movies. Less alternate universes created by time travel and more about closed paradox time travel events.

Part 1
For TNG I was thinking Time's Arrow. [NA] Versions of the Enterprise bridge crew, an AU version of Data that's also a persona of Data's Head and Data's Body, Wild West San Francisco time location and hopefully some more native characters from that time period including Mark Twain version of Samuel Clemens. Some cards from First Contact wouldn't hurt either.
For Enterprise I was thinking a focus on the Carpenter Street episode. But that would require the Xindii Affiliation to give characters and objectives from the flip side of the coin. (I'm going to avoid the Storm Front storyline since that was an alternate timeline).

Part 2
For DS9 I was thinking of a focus on the episodes "Past Tense (Parts 1&2) and "Little Green Men". A dual personnel of Kira and O'Brien that can report to any Earth time location, and time traveling Ferengi come to mind. For TOS I'd suggest missing elements from "The City on the Edge of Forever". Trials and Tribblations could add a few cards as well.

Part 3
For Voyager the "Future's End" story arch is a no brainer. Rain Robinson, Starling, the Timeship Eon, two versions of Captain Braxton, hired thugs and the main characters incognito via 1990's attire. For the TOS Movies it's got to be missing elements from Star Trek IV including a "Sling-Shot around the Sun" or "Time Warp" card and a joke about guesses. And some cards from Flashback wouldn't hurt either... [CF] [1E-AU] Janeway? Anyone? No?!

Of course, this all just speculation and brainstorming. I think they're done doing blocks for a while anyways, but it's fun to fantasize (and much harder to create all of this stuff).

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Although the theme at first didn't seem to appeal to me for a whole block series, you mentioned all the right starting elements to make this potentially work for me. :thumbsup:

I'd add, for starters, that episode of civil unrest. IIRC it had a bit of that eerie Philedelphia Experiment-like, weird techno test gone wrong vibe. I like that.
Can we add a card (or 2 :borg: ) from my fave ENT time travel ep, Regeneration? (Assimilated boat, as a Ship card, a.o.) :angel:
Wait -- I forgot there were so many already!! :thumbsup: Too bad the personnel won't go in a Virtual [TNG] [Bor] deck... :neutral:

(Edited; I didn't mean to write "Assimilation boat", although that could be -- more? -- interesting...)
Last edited by SudenKapala on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
enabrantain wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:37 pm Come back and check this thread in a few weeks.

-crp
You tease...
Guilty as charged.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 pm It would have been worse if he’d suggested that you check it a couple of weeks ago. :shifty:
The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 pm It would have been worse if he’d suggested that you check it a couple of weeks ago. :shifty:
The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible.
The Vulcan Science Directorate will have determined that time travel works just fine, and would Spock please stop doing it all the dang time.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 amCan we add a card (or 2 :borg: ) from my fave ENT time travel ep, Regeneration? (Assimilated boat, as a Ship card, a.o.) :angel:
(Edited; I didn't mean to write "Assimilation boat", although that could be -- even more? -- interesting...)

Also -- too bad, I now have to wait with my deck ideas until new cards arrive... :( ( :P )

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:08 am
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 amCan we add a card (or 2 :borg: ) from my fave ENT time travel ep, Regeneration? (Assimilated boat, as a Ship card, a.o.) :angel:
(Edited; I didn't mean to write "Assimilation boat", although that could be -- even more? -- interesting...)

Also -- too bad, I now have to wait with my deck ideas until new cards arrive... :( ( :P )
I was thinking " ❖ Assimilated Vessel" [1E-AU] [22] Staff: [Bor] [Bor] , 5/5/5, Tractor Beam, Your [22] [Bor] may report on board.

Then we'll need a Phlox of Borg as a counterpart... damn multiverse...
Last edited by enabrantain on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:19 pmI was thinking " ❖ Assimilated Vessel" [1E-AU] [22] Staff: [Bor] [Bor] , 5/5/5, Tractor Beam, Your [22] [Bor] may report on board.

Then we'll need a Phlox of Borg as a counterpart... damn multiverse...
I like both those ideas. (Basically, feed me anything with a Borg logo -- even, say, an Assimilated Tricorder -- and I'll dig it. But I do like these, really. Phlox as a counterpart... :thumbsup: )

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]