Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
From the CC Discord,

if there are are multiple Sniper, do all probe the same card or is it one probe card per Sniper?

The rulebook only limits probes at end of turn to 1 card
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/#PROBING wrote:If multiple cards allow you to probe at the end of your turn, you must announce which ones you are using before you probe. You then reveal only one probe card, using it to resolve all your probes, in any order.
Last edited by eberlems on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
THis is my answer. The rules don't say one way or the other. But the (s) suggest that the same probe can lead to multiple kill(s)/stop(s) That syntax doesnt make any sense any other way
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:29 pm THis is my answer. The rules don't say one way or the other. But the (s) suggest that the same probe can lead to multiple kill(s)/stop(s) That syntax doesnt make any sense any other way
Based on discussion on the CC Discord, I'm of the same mind. Sniper is the only card that *could* fire multiple copies mid-turn, and that pluralization is pretty damning.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Alright, fess up, who's running Call of Duty: Dakota Sniper again in 2021?

P.S. I, too, find it hard to resist pfti & Allen's conclusions here.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lol it was actually me that brought it up, solely because we were watching that episode and I pulled up what cards came from it.
And yes, based on the syntax, that seems logical.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
PHEW!

Well, if you're ever looking to wreck face, CoD: Dakota Sniper is pretty devastating. (The correct way to play into it is to attempt ALL your planet missions as soon as the first bad-guy download happens. The General Quarters rule will cause the other copies of bad-guy downloads to whiff, and you'll have a clear shot at the other missions.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]