This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
enabrantain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 am I see an add for a new expansion with a Breen for the set icon... dreams do come true.
This is Project Storm, which is pulled almost entirely from the ten-part finale of DS9. There's some very cool Dominion War content.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:26 pm will the entire set with all cards be released until end of march?
I'm still working out the fine details, but my hope and belief is that this expansion will release in March. Remember it is legal one week later.
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:26 pmwhats the next set again? Was that classic movies or TNG-movies, or something else?
After Project Storm, there will probably be a small boutique set that comes out next. The next "standard" expansion will be Project Rogue, the first in the movie block, focused on Classic Films. Check out the [url=/1e/longtermplan/]Long Term Plan for more details on the upcoming schedule.

-crp

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: After Project Storm, there will probably be a small boutique set that comes out next. The next "standard" expansion will be Project Rogue, the first in the movie block, focused on Classic Films.

-crp
ok cool.

Classic Films surely need their theme, looking forward to it.

So Project Storm is "unrelated" stuff?

Personally I'd love to see ds9 characters with the black uniform with the grey-purple top. I hated it when introduced in first contact, but now it became my favourite uniform. tried to build a deck with only personal of those uniforms, but there could be more...
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm So Project Storm is "unrelated" stuff?
It's "unrelated" only in the sense that it is not tied to any existing or future block. The TOS block was the last one completed, and the Classic Films block is coming next. Project Storm is not part of either block.

However, the set does have its own theme - the final season ending arc of DS9.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:44 pm
It's "unrelated" only in the sense that it is not tied to any existing or future block. The TOS block was the last one completed, and the Classic Films block is coming next. Project Storm is not part of either block.

ah. ok.

thx for info.
 -  
Prophet
OKCoyote wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:44 pm

This is correct, and will likely be a model going forward. I cover it in the Long Term Plan, but I know that's a lot to read. Essentially, we'll be having non-block sets in between blocks, to satisfy the demand from players for more non-block content. With that, and blocks going from 3 sets to 2, it should be a lot more non-block content going forward.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, your efforts are all appreciated. I know my block posts might come off as a needy child with his hands out screaming for more... but.. well... they are... :shifty: but not really, sometimes I just like to see if others are on the same mind-set as me.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 pm
enabrantain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 am I see an add for a new expansion with a Breen for the set icon... dreams do come true.
This is Project Storm, which is pulled almost entirely from the ten-part finale of DS9. There's some very cool Dominion War content.

-crp
For a while I though that second edition set with the betazed invasion cards was the one everyone was talking about. I was very dissapointed, in the format, not the cards. The cards looked great, but I'm not a second edition kind of guy. I'm really looking forward to this set.
 -  
Prophet
enabrantain wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:43 amFor a while I though that second edition set with the betazed invasion cards was the one everyone was talking about. I was very dissapointed, in the format, not the cards. The cards looked great, but I'm not a second edition kind of guy. I'm really looking forward to this set.
Nope! It's just a factor of ironic timing that both games put out similar content in a similar time-frame.

-crp
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]