By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
For [DL] special downloads, the glossary is clear that:
If the card is played at (or to affect something at, or to insert adjacent to) one particular spaceline or time location, the special download icon must be at that location
What about for downloads that are listed on a character's [SD]?

I think it's clear in the Glossary for Personnel, Ships and Equipment downloaded with [SD] abilities:
When a card other than a facility or site allows you to download a Ship, Personnel, or Equipment card, but does not specify where you may report it, you must obey all normal reporting requirements and report the card to a place that card could normally report (e.g., to a compatible facility and/or an appropriate site, in its native quadrant).
So Curzon Odo and all the [MQ] Ferengi - Mr. Quark allow a download of another personnel when they leave play, and that personnel would play at your outpost (or site, or whatever other place they could legally play).

But what about when Suna downloads Reflection Therapy, Chef downloads Holodeck Door or Rishon downloads Rishon Uxbridge?

These cards clearly have a destination on the spaceline, but I don't see anything in the rules that seems to require the card to be played where the card allowing the download is present.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
@Suna / Chef / Rishon
those are actions during your turn.

so you cannot play cards (normal card play, free plays) after it, it does not suspend play its "at any time" which means in game turns, between actions, not during them. edit: addition: Reflection Therpy does not have a target so you can download it to anywhere where you have treachery>honor.
Holodeck Door also does not have a target by Chef and when playing Holodeck Door you can choose either of its options. personal downloaded from Holodeck Door do not have a specified location so you can play them where you can report them e.g. alpha quadrant hologram to alpha quadrant facility. If you already have a holodeck door on a facility and that provides the location for the 2nd Holodeck Door, then you can report to any quadrant. Holodeck Door is once per turn though for the personal download function.

Mirror ferengi downloads are at the moment when one leaves play, but since its not a [DL] it does not provide a location so you need a spot where they can be played - they do not join the mission attempt.

Hope someone doublechecks my answers :cross:

Edit: And to the topic line: Yes SD downloads need to be played anywhere at the location of the DL (if possible). If its a card that has no specific location but is played on table, then its played there e.g. SD Surpise Party

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.