Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:07 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:59 am I didn't vote cause I don't feel this format works but I find it funny people want these HQ missions banned. What happens when all the HQ's are banned?

I'm glad the last 2 months have been slow and focused on this HoF vote. Now that it's over time to get some serious content going for this game. :thumbsup:
Have you ever played a HoF-format event before?

If not, I'm curious what you're basing your conclusion on.
I've played the Hof-format a few times. Sorry not a fan..
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:49 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:59 am I didn't vote cause I don't feel this format works but I find it funny people want these HQ missions banned. What happens when all the HQ's are banned?
Who knows, but given the HoF nominations and entries take place once a year, and so far, none of them have been retired, I think the lights will have been turned off here long ago before that happens.
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:59 amI'm glad the last 2 months have been slow and focused on this HoF vote. Now that it's over time to get some serious content going for this game. :thumbsup:
...like what? We've had a boutique set released, and the accompanying articles, running concurrently with this. What have you been missing that wasn't given during this period?
The first week of the year we had content. Since then, it's been slow. Looking forward to spring season. :borg:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Glad to see so much support for taking out Stir Crazy and Cry "Havoc". We'll try again next year!

Congrats to all the inductees on achieving Hall Of Fame status.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm Glad to see so much support for taking out Stir Crazy and Cry "Havoc". We'll try again next year!

What's wrong with Stir Crazy seriously?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:53 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:07 pm

I'm glad the last 2 months have been slow and focused on this HoF vote. Now that it's over time to get some serious content going for this game. :thumbsup:
Have you ever played a HoF-format event before?

If not, I'm curious what you're basing your conclusion on.
I've played the Hof-format a few times. Sorry not a fan..
Fair enough, man. It's not everybody's cup of tea. If you're speaking from experience and not just telling scary stories on the internet, then I respect that informed view, even if I profoundly disagree with it. :cheersL:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Re: The possibility of HQs getting banned.

At least from an outsider's perspective, I always assumed that was a built-in killswitch for the format should the community as a whole want to reject it. Ban the HQs and any cards with a similar function, you literally can't play the game, format dead.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
StateofSTCCG wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:47 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:41 pm Glad to see so much support for taking out Stir Crazy and Cry "Havoc". We'll try again next year!

What's wrong with Stir Crazy seriously?
Some people vote for HOF cards because they think they're degenerate.

Some people vote for HOF cards because they're just genuinely sick of them, or have 15-year-old grudges against them, or think the card is a bad marriage of story, image, and gameplay.

I am not bold enough to say that it's a good idea; I am just saying that HOF induction is an honor and these cards have been around long enough to earn a place there.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A pretty deserving list - all my nominees made it and I had the top point-getter! That should be worth something...

Everything selected was worth retiring - no qualms about that. My Bajor deck has been sufficiently neutered. Most appreciated was Chandra being gone. It's been way too strong in that format. A pretty balanced retirement. Not sure who lost the most.

The winners are Dominion and Starfleet. Dominion hasn't lost a card yet - is Crom available next year? Starfleet keeps Trellium-D benefits from Outclassed retiring.

The most meta card not to be retired is Timescape, and it wasn't even close. The game might have been at risk to more weenie spam than there even is now, but the line held for this year.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:48 pm
The winners are Dominion and Starfleet. Dominion hasn't lost a card yet - is Crom available next year? Starfleet keeps Trellium-D benefits from Outclassed retiring.
Just did a quick check. For those of you already plotting your 2022 nominees, the newly eligible sets for next year are Lineage and Tapestry.

To answer your question, Crom is eligible. Him being a first ballot-er is definitely plausible. The other one that jumps out at me is the Loaded for Bear -D. But who knows, I'm hardly a prognosticator on this stuff.

My biggest disappointment was swap Queen not making it in. She's so much better than all of the others they never see play, which is unfortunate.

I was also disappointed (but hardly surprised) to see Jaresh Inyo get retired. It takes a big piece of Jaegerbomb off the table, but I always thought a clean ES9 Inyo deck was a solid but not overpowered play, and given that ES9 is hardly at the top of the curve, it's a bummer to lose such a key piece.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:15 pm My biggest disappointment was swap Queen not making it in. She's so much better than all of the others they never see play, which is unfortunate.

I was also disappointed (but hardly surprised) to see Jaresh Inyo get retired. It takes a big piece of Jaegerbomb off the table, but I always thought a clean ES9 Inyo deck was a solid but not overpowered play, and given that ES9 is hardly at the top of the curve, it's a bummer to lose such a key piece.
I'm happy to see Jaegerbomb won't be resurrected in HoF - remember, Friendship and Good Will could not be substituted for retired Guinan. Jaresh in ES9 should have happened 5 years ago. Maybe the new errata balance team will make it so.

I've been loving gain-a-skill Queen for infinite battle combos with Invasion Plans, Ruthless Efficiency, and trying to avoid Nothing to Lose.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

All in all happy with the cards that got retired. It seems though that Romulans got hit pretty hard, while Bajorans Dominion and SF still could use more "retirements"...
Also a bummer stupid Trellium D missed it by one vote.

Personally I am happy all Borg cards survived this year. :borg:

HQ's shouldn't be allowed to be nominated unless there's an alternate HQ for that faction... just my opinion.

Overall good stuff :thumbsup:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:56 am I was flabbergasted to discover that Rouge Borg Ambush is not in the hall. Can we do that one through some sort of unanimous consent?
Nope. You have 3 nomination to your name next year... sounds like one of those is already planned! :wink:

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:56 am I was flabbergasted to discover that Rouge Borg Ambush is not in the hall. Can we do that one through some sort of unanimous consent?
Which version is that? Borg with Red Lipstick Ambush? OR Borg with Blush/Highlighted Face Makeup Ambush?
(Either way, those zombies must be packing some Max Factor or Maybelline in their cybernetic man purse enhancements somewhere!)

Rogue is rogue, always has been!

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]