User avatar
 
By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2020
#544328
i thought borg :borg: cannot assimilated animals, but i cannot find that rule anymore.
maybe the borg now take everything... :shifty:

i am also interested in an answer :D
User avatar
 
By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Counterpart
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2020
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2020
#544329
Mr.Sloan wrote:i thought borg :borg: cannot assimilated animals, but i cannot find that rule anymore.
maybe the borg now take everything... :shifty:

i am also interested in an answer :D
Today's rules update article essentially treats ANIMALS like any other personnel. So they're open for assimilation :D

I'm asking more from a dual personnel perspective. Do you get the points for m both or just the male? How is the lady treated by being with a counterpart etc...
User avatar
 
By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2020
#544330
aah. i do like that this rule was deleted, to make the game easier. and crazier ;)

New favourite skill for borg to share using borg queen: animal. muahaha

Who is Gowron? We have a new counterpart speaking for the klingon empire!
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=5313

wuff wuff! guess klingons understand that language...

Note the idea for that card was sent to me by eberlems * giving credit* :)
User avatar
 
By Keiimaster (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
#544335
Lol, [TNG] [Bor] can now skill share ANIMAL as a first listed skill once they assimilate one.

Does this make Spot of Borg the new Nineteen of Twenty in terms of recursion?
User avatar
 
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
#544369
sexecutioner wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:08 am
Today's rules update article essentially treats ANIMALS like any other personnel. So they're open for assimilation :D

I'm asking more from a dual personnel perspective. Do you get the points for m both or just the male? How is the lady treated by being with a counterpart etc...
Same way it's always worked - there's been plenty of dual-affiliation personnel that have been eligible for assimilation. ;)
User avatar
 
By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Counterpart
#544477
Sorry Niall,

From the assimilation - personnel glossary entry:
Dual-personnel cards may not be targeted for assimilation as a counterpart.
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#544478
Therefore, especially since I believe we have a Classic Movie block coming up, we definitely need separate George and Gracie cards. ;)
User avatar
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
President
Community Contributor
#544581
9of24 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:30 pm Sorry Niall,

From the assimilation - personnel glossary entry:
Dual-personnel cards may not be targeted for assimilation as a counterpart.
I read this as Decipher throwing up its hands in exasperation at its own past choices. :)
User avatar
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Praetor
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2019
1E American National Champion 2020
1E British National Champion 2020
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2020
#544590
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm
9of24 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:30 pm Sorry Niall,

From the assimilation - personnel glossary entry:
Dual-personnel cards may not be targeted for assimilation as a counterpart.
I read this as Decipher throwing up its hands in exasperation at its own past choices. :)
Or they were not ready for a polyamorous Queen.
User avatar
 
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
#544627
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 pm
9of24 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:30 pm Sorry Niall,

From the assimilation - personnel glossary entry:
Dual-personnel cards may not be targeted for assimilation as a counterpart.
I read this as Decipher throwing up its hands in exasperation at its own past choices. :)
I always read it as "you're allowed one counterpart. Duals are two people. Two > one."
User avatar
 
By Keiimaster (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
#544676
jrch5618 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:25 am A Willing Companion says hello.
True, but it must already be in play with no current counterparts to be able to make a dual counterpart.

Eleven of Fourteen can fetch it though.
Oh Boy! A Quantum Leap Rewatch

"One Strobe Over The Line" Original A[…]

How about making non-dublicatalbe stations like he[…]

Thank you, just wanted to ask before I tried to bu[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Mbf418!