Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm I may not know a lot about HoF, but it seems like Tyler here is considering a comeback :shifty:
Wife and I played a game last night just for old times' sake. 2E holds up pretty well, but the flaws in it grow more apparent with time. There's too much text on the cards, the games take too long, the rules overhead is too great. Trek and me had a good run (20 years!) but it's time to move on to better things.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm
Fritzinger wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm I may not know a lot about HoF, but it seems like Tyler here is considering a comeback :shifty:
Wife and I played a game last night just for old times' sake. 2E holds up pretty well, but the flaws in it grow more apparent with time. There's too much text on the cards, the games take too long, the rules overhead is too great. Trek and me had a good run (20 years!) but it's time to move on to better things.
Wow... and you played 1e for how many years? :wink:
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
20 years is a long time. Maybe one day you'll return when CC figures out what's wrong with their game and fix most of the issues. Waiting 5+ years to ban dumb cards is not how to solve the issues. I'm glad people across the world have made been making own fb pages and cards and are doing their own thing. Hopefully someone besides CC will stand out in the near future and make CC realize there going down the wrong tube.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
StateofSTCCG wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:15 pm Waiting 5+ years to ban dumb cards is not how to solve the issues.
Point of order here; it's actually 10 years. :shifty:

We're happy that people keep playing this game. If folks want to use their own house rules for kitchen table games, we think that's awesome. That being said, we also would love to see you all hosting tournaments regularly (COVID dependent, of course) and posting the results here. Designers regularly use tournament data to inform how they make cards. Hearing about your experiences is important to us.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I'd love your perspective on my bridge crew format alternate rules, I think it deals with some of this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZeP ... 7Eu_k/edit

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:50 pm
StateofSTCCG wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:15 pm Waiting 5+ years to ban dumb cards is not how to solve the issues.
Yeah, when you put it like that, it seems kinda crazy. I wonder if the uptake in voting and HoF play would be greater it people knew they could potentially exclude stuff like Nothing to Lose and The Weak Will Perish as of 2021? Surely they've been played enough to warrant an induction?

DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm Wife and I played a game last night just for old times' sake. 2E holds up pretty well, but the flaws in it grow more apparent with time. There's too much text on the cards, the games take too long, the rules overhead is too great. Trek and me had a good run (20 years!) but it's time to move on to better things.
I can see that. I think when I started playing (2008 at the kitchen table, 2009 at the TrekCC), it was 90% for "the game" and love of Trek, 10% playing with friends, and making new ones. As the years have passed, the ratios have definitely changed. The game obviously has flaws (but not insurmountable), and I definitely play better things, but when I want a Trek-hit and/or to hang out with the London crew, 2E's still got a pull.

Plus, I think new stuff's that coming out (and soon to come out) is still pretty good and innovative, considering 2E's fairly rigid framework and wording architecture.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm Wife and I played a game last night just for old times' sake. 2E holds up pretty well, but the flaws in it grow more apparent with time. There's too much text on the cards, the games take too long, the rules overhead is too great. Trek and me had a good run (20 years!) but it's time to move on to better things.
I know that you, like others here, had sort of thought that Star Wars: Destiny was that better thing, and then FFG beat it with their ineptiwand. Now I'm sceptical of joining in anything collectible in future... any guesses what you'll move on to next?
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Danny wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Yeah, when you put it like that, it seems kinda crazy. I wonder if the uptake in voting and HoF play would be greater it people knew they could potentially exclude stuff like Nothing to Lose and The Weak Will Perish as of 2021? Surely they've been played enough to warrant an induction?
Agreed: let's hear it for 5 years in '21!

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:05 am
I know that you, like others here, had sort of thought that Star Wars: Destiny was that better thing, and then FFG beat it with their ineptiwand. Now I'm sceptical of joining in anything collectible in future... any guesses what you'll move on to next?
I really liked the gameplay of Legends of Runeterra. The design is so smooth. And it's free! But you also miss out on the human element and tournament-day excitement when you go to a fully-digital card game. There was only so much I could play it... For the 1st time in decades, I don't have a go-to cardgame.

If I win the lottery, I'll buy the rights to Aliens v. Predator and remake that game. :shifty:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It took a minute to figure out the tech, but here's the video from the Election Night Reveal Show.

The reveals and reactions were live in real time. I also feel the need to label this video NSFW. Watch at your own risk.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:35 pm There's too much text on the cards, the games take too long, the rules overhead is too great.
Marry: There's too much text on the cards
Fuck: the rules overhead is too great
Kill: the games take too long

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
:shifty:
Attachments:
312674.png
312674.png (67.85 KiB) Viewed 754 times