This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which statement is a lie about Dogs of War?

There is a new Elim Garak.
31%
There is a new Kasidy Yates.
46%
There is a new Rom.
23%

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:12 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 pm Entertaining Display + Ferengi Infestation + Enemies of the state

Grab Leeta (who grabs Kukalaka) and Sarin. If they stop great. Then next turn when they hit FI you can grab this rom + emissary Quark + battle minded ferengi. Then enemies of the state doesnt need to d/l anyone should the opponent actually break through ED on the first attempt.

That should hold off anyone but borg from this mission for the requisite 3 turns.
How are you guaranteeing a facility at this mission for a landing spot for your downloads?

Also, even if you have a facility there, how are you getting Q+R present with L+S in the context of an opponent's mission attempt?

Am I missing something?
Thats for me to know and for you to figure out. This one is already behind the Coach Jaeger paywall.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 pm Entertaining Display + Ferengi Infestation + Enemies of the state

Grab Leeta (who grabs Kukalaka) and Sarin. If they stop great. Then next turn when they hit FI you can grab this rom + emissary Quark + battle minded ferengi. Then enemies of the state doesnt need to d/l anyone should the opponent actually break through ED on the first attempt.

That should hold off anyone but borg from this mission for the requisite 3 turns.
it should be noted that ED does not stop the attempting away team. it just prevents you from solving the mission. so after that they would immediately hit FI and you would not be able to download anyone because you used your DL on ED, but, if FI stops them, you could download on their next turn's attempt.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:24 pm Glad to see the Ferengi get some love, but I'm honestly trying to see what deck I would play this Rom in.

Aside from maybe a makeout partner with Leeta at the Cafe, where's the utility?
Here are some ideas around what makes this Rom good:

2. He's a waiter and has the DS9 Property Logo so he can mix with your people using Community Leader (works great in a Diplomatic Conference deck)
3. He's a waiter / any Rom and can report for free to Quark's Bar

- James M
He isn't a waiter, though. He was a former waiter. Or is the rule that once you were a thing you are that thing forever?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:26 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:23 am He isn't a waiter, though. He was a former waiter. Or is the rule that once you were a thing you are that thing forever?
Glossary - Characteristics
A card may be identified as currently or formerly having a characteristic; Bok ("former Ferengi DaiMon") is enhanced by Calandra.
Oh 1E, you mysterious wench.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:28 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:23 am He isn't a waiter, though. He was a former waiter. Or is the rule that once you were a thing you are that thing forever?
A card may be identified as currently or formerly having a characteristic; Bok ("former Ferengi DaiMon") is enhanced by Calandra.
Ethan Novakovich :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:28 am
Yeah, Decipher originally ruled the other way -- announcing that Bok is not a DaiMon (because he is a former DaiMon) on 27 March 2000 -- but they reversed this at some point between 2000 and 2003.

The CC has built pretty heavily around this since then, so at this point it would probably be too entrenched to change even if we wanted to. (I don't think we'd necessarily want to, either. It's a pretty intuitive rule in most applications.)

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.