Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I want to build two decks that make trying out BCF a breeze, and I want your help!

Background: Bridge Crew Format is intended to be a faster way to play 2e that emphasises some of the game's best features and de-emphasise some lacklustre aspects. Full rules here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZeP ... 7Eu_k/edit

Goals for the decks:

- Ideally, some story mode adversarial relationship between the two decks. Bajorans vs Cardassians, ES9 vs Terok Nor, etc.
- Emphasise the orders phase over the play phase. That means more (interrupts, order abilities, when/while attempting a mission or facing a dilemma), and fewer (events/"when you play" abilities).
- Bridge crew must be good to go from turn 1 rather than needing a supply turn to set things up.
- Assume that supply turns are there to shore things up if stuff goes wrong for our heroes, and not an integral part of the strategy
- Avoid combos, this must be punch and counterpunch
- Hall of Fame legal. This is just my instinct, but I think we are better off without the obvious easy missions, download heroes, and The Central Command.

The first thing to ask is: what affiliations should I consider? Which pair of adversaries makes best use of interrupts and orders phase abilities, in your opinion?

Early contenders with strong interrupts and orders phase abilities:

Cardassians
Bajorans
Terok Nor
Klingons
Romulans

By TheFlak
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

I think one thing that could be fun would be a klingon civil war kind of thing?
Have an Honor based klingon deck and a Treachery based klingon deck.

I am still quite new to 2nd ed and have been trying to make standard decks, exploring cards as such. And I think there are enough variety of event and interrupts on klingon side to make the two feel quite different when it comes time for engagements, events and interrupts to start fights and boost your ships in the conflict.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Ok, having settled on Klingons vs Romulans and Romulan Klingons... I need some mechanical flavour.

I want the klingons to be a solver and I want it to be honor rather than treachery. Also I want them to not need events. Discarding for stop and kill prevention is too good to ignore, Gowron is in.

I also want interrupts for cheating. I see lots of options for attribute gaining:

The Promise vs Warriors resolve vs We Are Klingon

Then if there's more than a few interrupts, Relentless starts to look good.

The Romulans can do a bit of interference. Maybe Sela can be dropped off to interfere with Gowron's ability. That might lead to a natural bar brawl (i'm still trying to stick to minimal events so that supply turns are less of a thing). That would require some way of using points that isn't event based, or there'd be no point in ever preventing the battle for the Romulan.

Romulan flavor: I'm torn between disruption with Secret Agenda, Secret Conspiracy, and maybe rigging the opponents deck with security sweep for various "top card of your opponent's deck" shenanigans. If I send my ship to my opponent, I need something for everyone else to do while I'm lurking. Alternatively I just drop sela off at their planet to wait until they're done with space while everyone else goes solving.

If it's planet-only interference, maybe I can keep that aspect light and focus on keeping the Romulan mission solving game strong.

Would love thoughts from others!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Here's what I have for Romulans. Relying on Interrupts not events, which is unusual for them, but I want people to be able to play orders turns from turn 1. Plenty of cheating, and plenty of interference ... I see Sela or Tain being dropped off turn 1 at their planet mission to hassle.

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=45665
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 pm Here's what I have for Romulans. Relying on Interrupts not events, which is unusual for them, but I want people to be able to play orders turns from turn 1. Plenty of cheating, and plenty of interference ... I see Sela or Tain being dropped off turn 1 at their planet mission to hassle.

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=45665
I played this in the online BCF and pretty happy with it as the Romulan standard deck. It's pretty easy to get some interaction by dropping Sela off on turn one, and the cheater interrupts are great. Super fun giving Acquisition to a sneaky Romulan so they can beat Nothing to Lose.

Would recommend it for more experienced players because some of those Romulan interrupts are pretty wordy.

Now onto the Klingon opposition!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation