Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which should get the next headquarters ?

Borg
35%
Deep Space Nine
No votes
0%
Earth/Deep Space Nine
6%
Ferengi
24%
Klingons
24%
Starfleet
No votes
0%
The Original Series
6%
The Next Generation
6%

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote::thumbsdown: - Definitely not Starfleet - they've already got two, and both have none standard game text.

:thumbsup: - what Ben said - work from the mechanic first, not the icon (and even if it comes up Starfleet, put a line through it, and go back to the drawing board).
Counterpoint: [AU] [SF]

But yeah - I think added gametext on a HQ (and missions in general) was always a bad idea.
Last edited by Naetor on Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 amCounterpoint: [AU] [SF]

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Danny wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:36 am :thumbsdown: - Definitely not Starfleet - they've already got two, and both have none standard game text.

:thumbsup: - what Ben said - work from the mechanic first, not the icon (and even if it comes up Starfleet, put a line through it, and go back to the drawing board).
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Define what "part-species" means (basically a way to note personnel like Spock as "part-Human" and "part-Vulcan", and so on) and make Vulcan as an HQ for Vulcans and part-Vulcans. (Inspired, of course, by 1E's Kolinahr.)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
monty42 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly believe that "who?" is the wrong question.

I think it all comes down to what cool, affiliation specific mechanic can we come up with and then the question will answer itself.
This.

I can come up with some possibilities for the affiliations in the poll. But we shouldn't just be ticking the "got a new HQ" box. The mechanics have to come first.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I have thought a [Pa] [Kli] or [Pa] [Rom] to encourage playing only those cards with perhaps [Pa] [NA] could be interesting. Of course [Hir] , [Kaz] or [Vid] would always be welcomed with a good game mechanic not on the [H] but for the affiliation. Would love a [Vul] home world!

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 pm
monty42 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly believe that "who?" is the wrong question.

I think it all comes down to what cool, affiliation specific mechanic can we come up with and then the question will answer itself.
This.

I can come up with some possibilities for the affiliations in the poll. But we shouldn't just be ticking the "got a new HQ" box. The mechanics have to come first.
Basically.

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]