By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If i play Odo or Garak and then switch them to Cardassian/Domionion mode, counts it as having "played DOM/CAR cards"?

i mean i would then play dominion/cardassian, but i have not played such cards?

also if there is a dominion odo on ds9, can dominion ships fire on ds9? (while under opponents control/ under your control)?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't have an answer on the switching part, but I can link the appropriatecards:
Alpha Quadrant Alliance
staging ground

As for battle, from the rulebook:
Finally, you must obey affiliation attack restrictions:

Most affiliations ( [Baj], [Car], [Dom], [Fer], [Hir], [Rom], [SF], [Vid], and [Vul]) have standard attack restrictions: they may attack opponents' cards of any affiliation except their own. For example, your [SF] Starfleet-affiliation ships may attack your opponent's [Fer] Ferengi or [Fed] Federation ships, but may not attack your opponent's [SF] Starfleet ships (or ships with [SF] Starfleet personnel aboard).
Edit: One of my quotes fell off.
You may only initiate battle against cards you do not control.
Second edit: the disclaimer at the beginning fell off, too.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
thx for the links.

yeah the question would be if i play fed garak bajoran Odo etc. and then switch to car/dom would it be fine with the treaty and would 1 guy at any site prevent opponent from attacking bajoran ds9: would it become a mixed force if a cardi/dom someowhere at a site?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:58 pm thx for the links.

yeah the question would be if i play fed garak bajoran Odo etc. and then switch to car/dom would it be fine with the treaty and would 1 guy at any site prevent opponent from attacking bajoran ds9: would it become a mixed force if a cardi/dom someowhere at a site?
You can switch their affiliation w/o a penalty to the "playing" part. But you'd create a house arrest at a facility/ship. So you cant do it. On a planet (time location) you can, but not on facility/ship.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:39 pm
Mr.Sloan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:58 pm thx for the links.

You can switch their affiliation w/o a penalty to the "playing" part. But you'd create a house arrest at a facility/ship. So you cant do it. On a planet (time location) you can, but not on facility/ship.
Can't you do it on a station as long as you're not creating a house arrest situation at a specific site?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
site is fine as long as there is no incompabile person.

but i wonder if that counts for having a bajoran ds9 dominion mixed force if a dude is one one seperate site, when dominion wants to fire on poor ds9...

maybe not because he does not mix, when alone in e.g. security office?

maybe its a mixed force if mixed on promenade?
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mode=search#Results

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So yeah, couple things can happen when talking about Nors/Sites.

If DS9/TN is being attacked in ship battle and its not at Bajor for DS9 to use Strategema, then yes opponent has to still consider affiliation attack restrictions regardless of where on the Station that same affiliation personnel of yours is at (Ops, Docking Pylon, Science Lab, wherever).

If you have multiple non working affiliations together at a site (that doesnt allow them mixing at that site like Quarks Bar) then consider them "separate teams". So opponent can board and battle one team while the other team (of same opponents affiliation) has to stand back and watch bc they cant help bc they cant mix.

Make sense?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
No. If there is a [Dom] personnel aboard a facility, then [Dom] cards may not attack that facility. As pointed out in my above quotes, only for [SF] .

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]