Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Who should get the toy?

[Baj]
No votes
0%
[Bor]
33%
[Car]
No votes
0%
[Dom]
No votes
0%
[DS9]
No votes
0%
[Fer]
56%
[Kli]
No votes
0%
[Maq]
11%
[Rom]
No votes
0%
[SF]
No votes
0%
[TNG]
No votes
0%
[TOS]
No votes
0%
[Voy]
No votes
0%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, let's talk about toys!

Presume that Design has a keyword that is best described as nifty. Just like Commander and Decay, it is not tied to any specific affiliation. It plays pretty well with each but there is potential to include one over the others, at least initially.

In a previous question, the responses came back whichever works better but for purposes of this discussion, presume that while it works well with all affiliations.

Though the poll above will only let you pick your favorite, if you have honorable mentions, please let us know.

Who should get the Shiny New Toy? And why?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
My first choice would've been [Fed] , as it encompasses a whole host of subs, and would allow for it to be disseminated easily, yet focussed when necessary (see Paranoia).

Failing that, I went with Maquis - they've got interference and events on missions, and little else (but still get hit with the Moral Choice stick) - they could do with some lovin'.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The Prefect wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:56 am We should have DaiMon as a keyword.
Yes! That's one I really wish Decipher had introduced. Nagus would also have been useful, though not quite as much since only a handful of personnel qualify (though still more than Kai).

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'll just copy and paste the answer I gave to the HQ question:
monty42 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly believe that "who?" is the wrong question.

I think it all comes down to what cool, affiliation specific mechanic can we come up with and then the question will answer itself.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
monty42 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:43 am I'll just copy and paste the answer I gave to the HQ question:
monty42 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:18 pm I honestly believe that "who?" is the wrong question.

I think it all comes down to what cool, affiliation specific mechanic can we come up with and then the question will answer itself.
I'd much prefer to assume that a design team wouldn't move forward with any idea unless they thought they had a good idea. I also don't think there's anything wrong with identifying a need (a new keyword for affiliation X) and then tasking designers to come up with a good idea to fill that need - that's a valid way to run design.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation