Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Can I put Tosk, Noble Prey in any deck and play him aboard my opponent's ship?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I learned a thing today.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
OP. Should require a [Dom] HQ. [Door]

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:45 pm OP. Should require a [Dom] HQ. [Door]
I wouldn't go that far. I mean, how is the ability for any deck to be able to give an opponent a 5-skilled 6/6/6 personnel, OP? If anything I'd say it's more 'nOPe'.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 am It never made sense to me that he was [Dom] for this reason - OG Tosk, The Hunted from a good episode. But it's a good card if you really need to battle and an opponent is hiding at home.
Wouldn't it be pretty easy to just drop him off on a planet on the way back to hiding at your HQ, range permitting?

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
T-Ricks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:55 pm
Naetor wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:03 am It never made sense to me that he was [Dom] for this reason - OG Tosk, The Hunted from a good episode. But it's a good card if you really need to battle and an opponent is hiding at home.
Wouldn't it be pretty easy to just drop him off on a planet on the way back to hiding at your HQ, range permitting?
I bet Drai would love that... :shifty:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Can I play a Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship, giving Tosk to them, then play a second Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship?

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Danny wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:38 pm Can I play a Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship, giving Tosk to them, then play a second Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship?
I'd say Tosk is still unique. You can play him aboard your opponent's ship and then play him on your own ship though...

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
On the subject of uniqueness, a weird quirk allows you to play a Tosk to your opponent then your own Tosk, but not in the other order.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:47 pm
Danny wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:38 pm Can I play a Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship, giving Tosk to them, then play a second Tosk at cost +1 aboard my opponent’s ship?
I'd say Tosk is still unique. You can play him aboard your opponent's ship and then play him on your own ship though...

I agree with that, but I was wondering, as the cost is playing him to the ship ("You may play this personnel at cost +1 aboard an opponent's ship."), and the effect is he becomes the opponent's ("If you do this, that opponent now commands him."), could I still pay the cost, even if my opponent commands a Tosk?

The end result would be that my Tosk is aboard an opponent's ship with no real way to get him back, which is less than useful, but I just wondered if it could be done.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think so, because in 2E you do as much as you can.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]