Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Which is your favorite Errata form May 2021?

James T. Kirk, Original Thinker (11 P 17) losing his Earth Icon
50%
An Issue of Trust (10 R 2) costing 4 instead of 5
5%
Hard Time (6 P 6)becoming planet only
18%
Unexpected Difficulties (2 C 69) becoming unique
23%
Outmatched (7 C 9) and Entanglement ( 7 R 4) increasing in cost from 0 to 1.
5%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, a poll about the most recent errata. The virtues of that are being discussed at length in the article section, but I can not hep but wonder what your favorite is and why? There were some big changes made but which one melts your heart? I am committing the redo of VPs and the ones that are simply re-titled.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Cmdr Xym wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 pm
Naetor wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm There should be a I'm going to quit the game option.
There also should have been spellchecking.
Have you seen Ross's posts and articles? This isn't new.

Also, where's the 'none of the above' option?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I voted Hard Time. I find this dilemma incredibly frustrating in early space mission attempts, when the player facing it only has six or seven personnel in play in the first place. It'll still be good in the right dilemma pile, it just won't be an auto-include.

James T. Kirk is second. In my mind [TOS] [E] never made sense. I know I've shied away from designing anything for TOS from movies on account of the fact that any such strategy would also automatically become available for [TNG] and [ES9] as well.

An Issue of Trust is third. It's overplayed, but I see less and less of it as time goes by.

Unexpected Difficulties is fourth. It's also overplayed, but it provides something necessary for the game. Still, I'm hopeful that this change will steer players towards other options which do similar things, such as Voluntary Withdrawal.

Outmatched is my least favorite. I think if you keep a Machinations on board, you should get to get this card with it. I would have preferred a change to Uninvited, which can perform a similar function without being telegraphed. Uninvited also still allows you to fetch Outmatched, if you have a way to reduce its cost. I do like the goal, just not the execution.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Personally, fetching Outmatched with Uninvited never bothered me. Playing Outmatched over and over regardless of how many dilemmas were already under a mission (even if it was 50+) was an absolutely awful NPE though and I'm glad that combo is no longer possible with the new errata.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I legit wonder what would happen if I ran a "play em as they were made" format for all Decipher cards... I'm guessing people would just revert to Kirk/Navaar Bullshit and old school Tragic Turn kill piles, but the reactions to this errata signal to me there might be demand for it anyway?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:29 pm Sounds like we got a couple people who don't want to expand their power in the universe.
Keep talking down to the plebes, Nate.

It's amazing how even a little bit of nerd power goes right to peoples' heads.

This is probably the most ironic instance of it, but it's hardly the only one.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm
Naetor wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:29 pm Sounds like we got a couple people who don't want to expand their power in the universe.
Keep talking down to the plebes, Nate.

It's amazing how even a little bit of nerd power goes right to peoples' heads.

This is probably the most ironic instance of it, but it's hardly the only one.
I've traveled around this country playing the game for 20 years. In that time, I've been allowed 0 impact on the game. After >50% of the player base having quit, I now have some small impact and what do I try to do? Not put a hammer on affiliations or missions I don't like, but suggest that a couple cards that have been played in 763, 591, and 584 recent decks - cards that I play all the time - be slightly less playable.

I'm just an ass about it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:56 pm
I'm just an ass about it.
I find this kind of open and honest communication from the Department of Second Edition to be quite refreshing.

Clearly you won't last long in your nerd job...
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Taking the [E] icon off Kirk just makes sense. He is not [TNG] OR [DS9] and should not be able to play there. There are others with the [E] icon that do not need it as well. Let us hope we get to them in the near future. Making Hard Time [P] only just matches it up with Soul Searching no big thing. Lining up the cost on An Issue of Trust I get as well. I tend to agree for the most part with Nathan but I would love to hear and read Amber’s dissenting opinion on ALL these!!!! :cheersL:

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]