This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Life has been crazy for the last 14 months, but thanks to the marvels of modern medicine, life is starting to return to normal in some countries. This week I got my second jab, and I’ve booked an in-person tournament (UK Nationals) in Manchester on 20th November. We have Worlds on the horizon and I’m looking forward to facing my friends across a table to play some 1E again. International travel may still be a struggle, but we’re getting there.

So this week’s Friday Question:
When are you next planning to play 1E in-person?

Maybe you’ve been playing all along with Family, maybe social distancing is still required where you are, maybe you only ever play on-line, so please add some context to your answers! Can’t wait for us all to be One Big Happy Family once again!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
JeBuS wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:20 am 2 weeks from tomorrow with the Chicago group!
The Basement of Doom has recently gotten some serious upgrades. My Mother's Day present will be especially nice, once the manufacturer sends us the right legs.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Other than playtesting against myself, I have had 1 in person game in the last 15 years, so probably not anytime soon for the next one.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm hoping this month, but depends on schedules. I'm all sleepy today because I got my second Moderna, so I'm ready to throw down as soon as something gets scheduled.

...I should probably go check the tourneys thread for MN to see whether scheduling is happening.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm Other than playtesting against myself, I have had 1 in person game in the last 15 years, so probably not anytime soon for the next one.
Well it's one more in person game in the last fifteen years than I've had lol. In fact I really can't remember the last time I played an in person game. Back when Decipher was around and making 1E I want to say.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Slayer07 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 am
Professor Scott wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:12 pm Other than playtesting against myself, I have had 1 in person game in the last 15 years, so probably not anytime soon for the next one.
Well it's one more in person game in the last fifteen years than I've had lol. In fact I really can't remember the last time I played an in person game. Back when Decipher was around and making 1E I want to say.
In fairness The Enterprise Collection was released on 7/7/2006 so they were still making 1E cards back then.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:20 am
Slayer07 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:46 am
In fairness The Enterprise Collection was released on 7/7/2006 so they were still making 1E cards back then.
True enough, but I'm talking around Holodeck Adventures timeframe.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]