For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
The Online Limited Series switches to Second Edition for its May event with a Sealed twist on Infinite Diversity that I'm calling Finite Diversity.

Here's how it works: players will have the opportunity to choose one headquarters to build a deck around. Each player's cardpool will consist of their chosen headquarters and a full set of Infinite Diversity Remastered, plus nine nine-card booster packs (from the Virtual Pack Creator) using only cards available to the chosen headquarters, and one nine-card mission pack (with the same criteria). (For example, if you choose Qo'noS, your packs will include only personnel and ships that can report to Qo'noS.)

Aside from the cardpool, the event will follow regular Standard rules, not Infinite Diversity rules. You still need 100 points to win. Your deck must still consist of 5 missions, a minimum of 20 cards in the dilemma pile, and a minimum of 35 cards in the draw deck. (In the unlikely event you don't have 20 dilemmas, you'll have to play them all.)

One final catch: to increase diversity, each headquarters can only be chosen by one player! Headquarters choices will be first come, first serve, so send me a PM as soon as you register with your choice and I'll consider them in the order I receive them. (You may want to send a second or third choice in case your first choice is unavailable.)

Cardpools will be sent on or around April 27th to players registered at that point. On that night, I'll make my own affiliation choice from those that remain. First round pairings will take place May 4th.

Here are the available headquarters:

[Maq] Athos IV, Maquis Base
[Baj] Bajor, Gift of the Prophets
[Car] Cardassia Prime, Hardscrabble World
[TNG] Earth, Cradle of the Federation
[DS9-E] Earth, Home of Starfleet Command
[SF] Earth, Humanity's Home
[TOS] Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home
[Fer] Ferenginar, Financial Hub
[Dom] Founders' Homeworld, Home of the Great Link
[DS9] Mouth of the Wormhole, Deep Space 9
[TN] Mouth of the Wormhole, Terok Nor
[Kli] Qo'noS, Heart of the Empire
[Rom] Romulus, Seat of Power
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg, dude. Decisions, decisions! Sure, Romulans are great in Decipher era sealed, but are they as good in the virtual environment? I really do not know! So many interesting options...
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Question - Is the ID Draft quadrant rule in effect, or do we need to pay attention to mission quadrants now? I ask because I imagine doing otherwise will lead to a lot of those missions getting tagged with the +2 range requirement. Gross. :?
 -  
LORE wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm Question - Is the ID Draft quadrant rule in effect, or do we need to pay attention to mission quadrants now? I ask because I imagine doing otherwise will lead to a lot of those missions getting tagged with the +2 range requirement. Gross. :?
No ID Draft rules are in effect; it just happens to be the cardpool I'm drawing from. Make it work! :-)
 -  
I'm still working on putting cardpools together and they probably won't be ready tonight. I'll get them out there as soon as they're ready.

That said, there's still time to sign up and claim a headquarters. Only four are claimed so far, and I'll decide on mine once I have those done.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 pm I'm still working on putting cardpools together and they probably won't be ready tonight. I'll get them out there as soon as they're ready.

That said, there's still time to sign up and claim a headquarters. Only four are claimed so far, and I'll decide on mine once I have those done.
This looks interesting.

Which HQs are off the board so far?
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:39 am
OKCoyote wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 pm I'm still working on putting cardpools together and they probably won't be ready tonight. I'll get them out there as soon as they're ready.

This looks interesting.

Which HQs are off the board so far?
Dominion, DS9, Starfleet, and TOS have been claimed.
 -  
LORE wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:31 pm Have all the packs gone out? Curious about the HQ break down. Lots of good options to choose from.
No comment (yet).
 -  
Oh look, it's time to begin!

ROUND ONE PAIRINGS
Christopher Jansa (Psionic Hobo) vs. Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8)
Tim Gerrard (grandar) vs. Kris Sonsteby (LORE)
Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot) vs. Daniel Matteson (OKCoyote)
Brian Sykes (Armus) vs. Eric Robinett (rycar60)

Round time limit is 75 minutes. Results are due Tuesday, May 11th Thursday, May 13th. Good luck!
 -  
Hey everyone,

I had a late (re-)entry into the event to get us back up to eight players. This will give @Armus an opponent after all - sorry for the confusion and hope that's OK.

Due to this change, I've pushed the deadline back a couple of days.

@rycar60, you will receive your cardpool as soon as I have it ready; by the end of tonight at the latest.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
@Psionic Hobo FW @jadziadax8 100-35

Very good game, sir! You're picking everything back up very quickly.

We discovered afterwards that Chris accidentally added two of a dilemma to his deck when he only received one in the pool. I deemed that I would have completed one mission due to this, so would have gotten 35 points. He agrees with this penalty.
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]