This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Does the "purposes related to its sites" only allow [Fed] to match DS9 when reporting using the site's text?

What I'm getting at is can I DL a [Fed] Support personnel using ASP to DS9 as a "matching facility"? I think not because ASP is allowing the DL and the site doesn't really matter for reporting, but not sure...

Does it matter is the SP has a classification matching the site I DL to, like Paxton Reese and Science lab?

Does it matter if I DL to a site anyone can report to, like Primary Turbolift? (Assuming I have Fed/Baj treaty to make the Feds compatible).

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
You can't download anyone to Primary Turbolift. (see card)

I wish Trust the Prophets just said [fed] match DS9, period.

I feel like the "for purposes related to it's sites" is just clarifying that because they match, you can use the site effects, such as Ops downloads.

I think it was ruled you can't do the ASP thing but you can download the Defiant and then download your support personnel to the Defiant. That costs a card play obviously but gets you a good ship.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 am I think it was ruled you can't do the ASP thing but you can download the Defiant and then download your support personnel to the Defiant. That costs a card play obviously but gets you a good ship.
You might be thinking of the You Know I'd Like To Help ruling. I can't recall a ruling on Trust the Prophets and ASP. If it's out there, though, I'd be pretty grateful if you dug it up and posted the link.

I'm about to watch Foyle's War, and my first job tomorrow is to work on Project Quarantine rules, so I can't tell you the correct answer to this question right now with certainty -- but I'm watching the discussion with interest!

EDIT: Agree it was probably unwise to use the extra verbiage. It came from Docking Pylons, though, and Rules finds it very helpful and safe to follow precedents, so I get how it happened.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:15 am
geraldkw wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 am I think it was ruled you can't do the ASP thing but you can download the Defiant and then download your support personnel to the Defiant. That costs a card play obviously but gets you a good ship.
You might be thinking of the You Know I'd Like To Help ruling. I can't recall a ruling on Trust the Prophets and ASP. If it's out there, though, I'd be pretty grateful if you dug it up and posted the link.

I'm about to watch Foyle's War, and my first job tomorrow is to work on Project Quarantine rules, so I can't tell you the correct answer to this question right now with certainty -- but I'm watching the discussion with interest!

EDIT: Agree it was probably unwise to use the extra verbiage. It came from Docking Pylons, though, and Rules finds it very helpful and safe to follow precedents, so I get how it happened.
Here's the thread. We actually never got an answer.

viewtopic.php?f=310&t=41679&p=517497&hi ... ws#p517497

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I think you meant Ops: Mirror Universe?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm

I think you meant Ops: Mirror Universe?
Oh, yeah, I think I did. See, this is what happens when I'm rushing posts to watch Foyle's War.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
geraldkw wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:06 am

Here's the thread. We actually never got an answer.

viewtopic.php?f=310&t=41679&p=517497&hi ... ws#p517497
So my question was already asked and sort of answered in this old thread. The fundamental question here is "Does ASP care about the game text on the site to report to it?" I don't think it does because ASP gives you the location to DL to.

Forgetting all the stuff about Feds and matching and trust the prophets...

Can I DL Beyor, a [baj] Civilian support personnel, to Ops with ASP? If Yes, the text on the site really doesn't matter and I'm not reporting that personnel for any purpose related to the site.

If no, then I need to download Beyor to the Promenade shops because the shops text says Civilians can report there, and now that personnel reported for a purpose related to the site.

For the record I think it is the former because I'm not aware of any rule that says if a card gives you a location for a download, and a Nor is an option, that that personnel has to obey reporting requirements of the sites.

Likewise if I use the [DL] on Sarish Rez to DL First Minister Shakaar, and Rez is on a ship a the same location of DS9, Shakaar can go anywhere he can normally exist at the same location as Rez. He can go to the ship, any site, to the planet if there is one there... because the [DL] rule says "here", and ASP likewise gives you a location, a matching facility.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]