I'm seeking general interest in a new Solo Variant for Star Trek TNG CCG card game.
I played Star Trek TNG CCG card game back in the 90's yet never played it solo. I know there have been a number of solo variants out there but I never took the time to check them out or play them. Plus, I've always wanted to make my own Solo variant and I thought that if I looked at the ones here it might influence me on what I wanted to create.
So, I have a completely new idea for a solo variant and it goes kind of like this:
Here is the game layout "Still in the play test phase" My idea is not to cover any episodes but to play a game that covers the 5 year mission. There wouldn't be a seed deck and you would setup the game in a certain way. It can be played using just the original ST-TNG 1st edition complete set of cards or cards from other TNG sets. It would definitely be configurable with the ST TNG expansion cards.
One of the things I thought the card game should have is a full neutral zone so I added the idea of having a Neutral Zone that you could travel in and possibly encounter Romulan ships for battle or Romulan personnel when using an away team.
The basic victory conditions are; you have 30 turns "30 cards in the draw deck" to complete the five year mission. You must earn at least 150 points and collect 3 artifacts of which 2 can only be found in the Neutral Zone.
Some of the things that I do different in this solo game from the original card game is:
1. You don't have a starting hand, you can build up a hand as you draw a card each turn.
2. You will be representing the Federation and will control two star ships during play.
3. You will create a personnel draw deck that will be based on some character you choose and the rest random. These personnel will enter the game and be posted at the three outposts but will only stay there for three turn and then go back to the draw deck. During this time you can move your star ship to the outpost to pick up a character.
4. You will begin with a single officer of your choice for each of the two star ships.
5. You have a main draw deck that will have Events, Dilemmas, Nothing Happens cards "which are basically non-usable cards", and equipment cards. This deck makes up 30 cards for the 30 turns.
6. You not only have a space line but you also have a Neutral Zone to travel in.
7. Each ship can carry up to 6 personnel and one shuttle.
8. There are cards that represent non events called "nothing happens" or "nothing there" for when you complete a dilemma under a mission card and randomly see if there is an artifact under the mission card.
9.When traveling through the space line and upon reaching an outpost to pick up a single personnel, you must move to or through the middle outpost before you can go back and pick up another personnel.
10. Each turn a new personnel will show up and the previous will move one space to the right or left. On the third move the personnel card is transferred back to the bottom of the personnel draw deck which would allow the personnel card to enter again at a later turn.
You can use cards from the entire complete set of the 1st edition Star Trek - The Next Generation CCG game cards or use cards from other Star Trek TNG sets as long as you have at least the minimum card totals shown below:
If you have the full Star Trek TNG CCG set, you will need to use cards from the following types:
2 - Federation Shuttles
11 - Federation Starships
57 - Federation Personnel cards
9 - Artifacts
21 - Planet Dilemmas
19 - Space Dilemmas
11 - Equipment
38 - Events
39 - Interrupts
28 - Planet Missions
21 - Space Missions
3 - Federation outposts "if you have two neutral outpost cards you can use them"
8 - "Nothing Happens" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border".
5 - "Nothing Found" cards which will be the non-aligned affiliation cards "gold colored border".
6 - Romulan starships
20 - Romulan personnel
NOTE: If you don't have the complete Star Trek TNG card set then you will need to use cards from other Star Trek TNG CCG sets.
I'm currently play testing and putting the rules together but I wanted to see if there was any interest still in a solo variant for ST TNG CCG card game. If so I would love to hear some feedback on what I have so far and if you have any ideas that I might be able to use to enhance what I have.
Here is a game photo of the layout. Thanks for checking this out and I hope to hear from you.