Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

What do you think of pop-out cards?

I like these cards and the pop-out concept and I would like them to be made as often as they can be done well.
5%
I like these cards and the pop-out concept and I would like one to be released in each set.
10%
I like these cards and the pop-out concept and I would like these cards to be only rarely released.
48%
I do not have strong feelings about pop-out cards either way.
10%
I like the concept of pop-out cards but I do not like these two specific cards.
19%
I do not like the concept of pop-out cards.
10%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

In Heroes and Demons, the Second Edition Art Team gave us two new pop-out cards in Data, Principled Rogue and Berik, Now Boarding. Do you like these cards? And, if so, how often would like to see them produced in future sets? Let us know in the poll and sound off with your thoughts.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
It's a shame we didn't get a H&D: Ask the Designers this time around - would've been interesting to know why these two got pop-ups, but Piratical Boarders didn't.

I'm not a huge fan if they go to the card edge, but that's because I don't like my virtual cards to sleeve right to the edge (I trim the cards a couple of millimeters in from the edge for easy sleeving, while still keeping in the black border). That said, I'm cool with Spot and the Li'seria, as they don't reach the card's edge.

By grandar
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I really like how they look, and in particular these three are pretty cool. However, for the main set, I’d keep them as regular cards, and make the pop outs promos for the set (or at least have the regular art versions available as well for people that aren’t going to the edge on the print outs).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Guardian wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:49 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:44 am I love them visually. But I think they should be done in moderation, to keep them special.
How often do you think? Once per set? Thrice like here?
I think maybe do them every other set, but then maybe add 2 or 3? Not sure if there is something that works like the Pasteur and the Chang from the Fajo collection that complement each other.

Or indeed as promo's of regular artwork could work.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It's cool, but don't beat it to death.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Enabran wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:19 pm They only should be Promos.
I'm fine with the ones in HaD as proof of concept. I agree going forward they'd work better as promos.
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
Enabran wrote: They only should be Promos.
I'm fine with the ones in HaD as proof of concept. I agree going forward they'd work better as promos.
Howe about if the 'regular' version appears on the card sheet but there is one at the end with the pop-out cards? That way, you can have a normal set if that is your want and people who want to put in the effort can do so.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Faithful Reader wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:07 pm Howe about if the 'regular' version appears on the card sheet but there is one at the end with the pop-out cards? That way, you can have a normal set if that is your want and people who want to put in the effort can do so.
1E routinely has alternate border versions for multi-affiliation personnel. I’d be fine with that.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So Ross what's your goal with this?
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:18 pm So Ross what's your goal with this?
Give Art information to make the next set better.

My jaw dropped when I saw Data but it is good to get feedback on what everyone else thinks.

Plus, you know, world domination.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]