This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I choose to believe that lore reference was to Federation starships and not any of the Starfleet Predecessors.

I mean, it's not like they're counting the HMS Enterprize or CVN-65 in the lore reference either...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:53 pm I choose to believe that lore reference was to Federation starships and not any of the Starfleet Predecessors.

I mean, it's not like they're counting the HMS Enterprize or CVN-65 in the lore reference either...
It does specifically say "Starfleet". The game itself might consider [SF] & [Fed] separate affiliations (whether one believes that was what was best for the game or what was best to sell cards), but I would wager that Riker likes playing in Enterprise holo-programs because he considers that crew his predecessors, not members of some completely different political entity.

Of course, that isn't something I can say with 100% certainty, but at least it makes sense to me.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Armus wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:53 pm I choose to believe that lore reference was to Federation starships and not any of the Starfleet Predecessors.

It does specifically say "Starfleet". The game itself might consider [SF] & [Fed] separate affiliations (whether one believes that was what was best for the game or what was best to sell cards), but I would wager that Riker likes playing in Enterprise holo-programs because he considers that crew his predecessors, not members of some completely different political entity.

Of course, that isn't something I can say with 100% certainty, but at least it makes sense to me.
Why you trying to make Charlie hate Paddy, Dave?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 pm Why you trying to make Charlie hate Paddy, Dave?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
On the other hand, why bother putting ourselves out with Trek-specific inconsistencies when one season of TNG showed Fermat's last theorem still a mystery in the 24th century and a couple seasons later on DS9 they're giving a shout out to the guy who proved it in the 1990s... in the middle of the eugenics wars no less!

I can't be bothered to find the YouTube clip at the moment, but to quote the noted leader of men Basil Exposition speaking to even more noted Temporal Agent Austin Powers, I suggest you stop worrying about such things and simply enjoy yourselves.

Lest you go cross-eyed.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Fix the things we know are cannon. Don't fix stuff that are unsure/incorrect. But this is usually something we should do when we errata stuff; look for other things that could/should be fixed while we're opening that bag.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:58 pm

on the other hand, he have plenty of real word precedent of things like this.

Washington is counted as the first president of the United State in all the official documents, but then you have the Presidents of Congress under the Articles of Confederation.

(https://www.constitutionfacts.com/us-ar ... son-story/)

I would say this is directly analogous. The NX-01 was Starfleet's first Enterprise, but Starfleet before the Federation is not the same as Starfleet of the Federation.

There are traditions, and undoubtedly some like Riker who would count the NX-01, but it's not technically wrong. (Or at least, not clear cut.)

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:42 pm I know all of us nerds are extremely keen to get into a "well actually" war but this is not the hill to die on in that war.
I think my point is that I don't really want the CC to be correcting lore that is not 100% incorrect. The Enterprise is an example of what that I would not change.

A hypothetical of something I would change would have been if Sarek's lore said that Spock was his only child before STV came out, etc.

The IKC/IKS is a good change.

If it's ambiguous, then it's better to leave as stated then change to something that may also be inaccurate.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation