By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
But I see it different. The uncontrolled ship/station is controlled by an imaginary third player and that one has no bbsd in play.
That is another difference to the self controlled cards.
Last edited by Enabran on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 pm But I see it different. The uncontrolled ship/station is controlled by an imaginary third player and that one has no bbsd in play.
The key is that it doesn't matter *how* you get damaged - attack, dilemma, driving over your own Anti-Matter Pod. If I have a BBSD, all your damage comes from my deck.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
I think this is the key paragraph in the Glossary:
damage wrote:When you are using a Battle Bridge side deck, any damage to your opponent's ships or facilities, whether from a hit in battle, dilemmas, or other causes, is indicated by damage markers, which are Tactic cards from your side deck. The damage results appear at the bottom of each Tactic card. See battle - ship.
And the corresponding paragraph in the Rulebook:
Damage and Repairs wrote:If your opponent is using a Battle Bridge side deck, any damage you sustain will take the form of Tactics cards. This is known as "tactics damage." Otherwise (if your opponent is not using a Battle Bridge side deck), you will follow simplified rules for damage called "rotation damage." The two systems are described below.
Incidentally, the Rulebook says you should place a Rotation Damage Marker on a ship damaged by rotation damage (you should only rotate the ship if no Rotation Damage Marker is available).
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
1. Uncontrolled / self-controlled cards do not use Tactics during battle.

2. If your opponent has a Battle Bridge side deck, you can never receive rotation damage. Instead, whenever your ships are damaged, by any cause whatsoever (even battle with an uncontrolled / self-controlled card), you receive damage markers from your opponent's Battle Bridge side deck.

Let me know if there are any remaining questions.

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]