It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:11 pm Okay. How does 6:30pm at Gamezenter (FFG) this Saturday sound? I think that's the best time for people with poor time management skills (i.e. me). I'll get the "tournament" in the system tonight. No entry fee, no ratings, no prizes except for the fun of playing games with each other.

There might be a problem, but it's a good one. The Warp Speed Cube was only designed for 4-6 players. It looks like we may have more than that, so I will prioritize the visitors, followed by players who are not me. We can also have players tag team, i.e. alternate rounds. Or if someone is feeling ambitious, they can sleeve up another copy of the cube (don't remember the exact numbers, but it was 300-400 cards) and we can split into two pods.

I'm at a point in life where I have to limit how much time I spend on card games, so I won't have time to make any major changes to the cube since the last (first) time it was played. But even though there's stuff I want to rework, it was still fun enough to play again as-is.

On a related note, I've budgeted 2 hours for building a deck for Sunday (not completely from scratch, though). Can I do it? We'll find out!
Sounds rad, Jason! I too do not have to play, and could easily "tag team" as it were with Zlatan (a bit of a 1E n00b.) That would be fun.

EDIT: The "tournament" is not entered into the system and assigned to Jason as primary T.D. with me as the secondary. See y'all there!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
(1) Thanks for coming, everyone! It was great seeing you all again after 15 months -- my first time in-person since covid, and it was wonderful.

(2) Thanks to Kevin and Kris for doing all the actual tournament-running stuff, because pairing bewilders me!

(3) Thanks to Kris and Hobie (and I don't think I left anyone out? if so v. sorry) for the prize support!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:04 pm Thanks to Kevin and Kris for doing all the actual tournament-running stuff, because pairing bewilders me!
Wait. The 1E Rules Manager is flummoxed by pairing?!?

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Oh, yeah, give me a good cumulative rule brainteaser over "pairing down" or "strength of schedule" any day. And may God abundantly bless our valorous tournament directors!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Once again, I just want to take a second to thank James for organizing, all of our local guys for coming out, and especially the traveling South Dakota crew of Kev, Mark & Z, plus the Green Bay power couple Jeremy & Jen. It was awesome seeing everyone again after over a year away from each other.

EDIT: Also huge props to Ben for coming down from Fargo. He blended right in with the local crew, it was hard to notice he was not one of the Frozen Chosen himself. :wink:

Good friends playing a great game is what the CC's Organized Play team is all about, and y'all collectively put on a powerful example of what we have all been missing since COVID hit. Pat yourselves on the back today, because tomorrow we get back to work building decks for Regionals and beyond!
Last edited by LORE on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 am

Once again, I just want to take a second to thank James for organizing, all of our local guys for coming out, and especially the traveling South Dakota crew of Kev, Mark & Z, plus the Green Bay power couple Jeremy & Jen. It was awesome seeing everyone again after over a year away from each other.

Good friends playing a great game is what the CC's Organized Play team is all about, and y'all collectively put on a powerful example of what we have all been missing since COVID hit. Pat yourselves on the back today, because
tomorrow we get back to work building decks for Regionals and beyond!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LORE wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:09 am Once again, I just want to take a second to thank James for organizing, all of our local guys for coming out, and especially the traveling South Dakota crew of Kev, Mark & Z, plus the Green Bay power couple Jeremy & Jen. It was awesome seeing everyone again after over a year away from each other.

Good friends playing a great game is what the CC's Organized Play team is all about, and y'all collectively put on a powerful example of what we have all been missing since COVID hit. Pat yourselves on the back today, because tomorrow we get back to work building decks for Regionals and beyond!
I smell another golf and trek weekend in my future.

It was a great time. Thanks to Jason and James getting it organized, Kris for prize support and golf companionship and everyone who showed up for making it fun.

This is what we need to get back to everyone.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks James for organizing this. It was fun to meet people I've heard about and seen here and hopefully I can make it back down for some play again this summer. And by then perhaps I'll have read Masks by John Vornholt (I'll give you $5 if you can prove that's his real name, because it can't be) and be able to give it a good home.

Also thanks to Jason for the draft on Saturday night. I'm really glad I could make it and had a lot of fun. It also helped me get into the headspace of 1E again and a chance to get to know a few people.

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]