This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Right?

Yes
85%
No
No votes
0%
Maybe So
15%

By 4thiso
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just to make sure I have this right, Lore's special ability to double Crystalline Entity, according to the Glossary, whose wisdom is everlasting, is:

all numerical features of all Crystalline Entity dilemmas seeded or encountered by either player are doubled

So Crystalline Entity would then be:

"Space mission: kills all life on ship unless SHIELDS>12 OR 2 Music aboard. Planet mission: Kills entire Away Team unless 2 SCIENCE + 2 MEDICAL present. Discard dilemma. [10 bonus points in box]"

Because the Music, Science and Medical had an implied numerical value of 1.

Right?

By Komitadji
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The glossary entry for Crystalline Entity mentions that if Lore is in play and DNA Clues has been revealed, it requires 6 MEDICAL and 2 SCIENCE. I think it's safe to extrapolate from there that Lore does, indeed, double the requirement of Youth and the classifications of MEDICAL and SCIENCE for a planet mission.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes.

From the original Fajo Collection rules supplement:
Lore — This android has a new “nemesis” icon that defines a special adversarial relationship with Dr. Soong (see the entry for Dr. Soong above). The phrase “Doubles all Rogue Borg and Crystalline Entities in play” applies to both players’ cards and means that the STRENGTH of every Rogue Borg is doubled and every Crystalline Entity card functions as if it read as follows:

Space mission: kills all life on ship unless SHIELDS>12 OR 2 Music aboard.
Planet mission: kills entire Away Team unless 2 SCIENCE and 2 MEDICAL present.

Discard dilemma. [10 points]

Because cards by default are not cumulative, if you and your opponent both have a Lore personnel card in play, they do not quadruple Rogue Borg and Crystalline Entities.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:51 pm Yes.

From the original Fajo Collection rules supplement:
Lore — This android has a new “nemesis” icon that defines a special adversarial relationship with Dr. Soong (see the entry for Dr. Soong above). The phrase “Doubles all Rogue Borg and Crystalline Entities in play” applies to both players’ cards and means that the STRENGTH of every Rogue Borg is doubled and every Crystalline Entity card functions as if it read as follows:

Space mission: kills all life on ship unless SHIELDS>12 OR 2 Music aboard.
Planet mission: kills entire Away Team unless 2 SCIENCE and 2 MEDICAL present.

Discard dilemma. [10 points]

Because cards by default are not cumulative, if you and your opponent both have a Lore personnel card in play, they do not quadruple Rogue Borg and Crystalline Entities.
Because this is the closest thread that I've found - I'm assuming that this is still in effect?

Michael,
sad panda...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Despite everything that has happened to define "printed number" in the seven years (!) since I posted this (I wasn't even on the Rules Committee yet, yikes!), I do believe it is still correct.

If Lore said something like, "Doubles every printed number on Crystalline Entity," the answer would be different, because there are not very many printed numbers on Crystalline Entity.

But he doesn't say that. He just straight-up doubles all features of the card, without caring whether they're printed numbers or not. So the old Fajo-era ruling is still correct (and may belong in the Glossary again if it's confusing players to this day).
Question for noob

Is the question how to report a [MQ] personnel in[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]