For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:20 pm Alright, after working 9 months for my current employer, Cardinal IG, in Fargo on second shift , I just got moved to first shift this week. I’m tentative at the moment, but, if I can get a deck together for 1E and 2E, I’m interested. No art projects for me, gotta figure out a solid deck for each. I’ll try to persuade Benny to join us for 1 of the events, most likely the 1E one as I think he detests 2E considering it’s not moved past being Legacy/Vintage in Trek comparison.
*cough* ahem... Look at the post above, Matthew.

And I'd like to point out that I don't detest 2E. I don't really have much of an opinion because I've not played it much. I just don't need *another* game that I'll end up casually ignoring when things get busy. I have, by my count, at least 5 in this house already, and that only counts card games.

Anyway, I'll make an effort to be there Sunday, but I don't think I'll drive up until Saturday, so we may not be able to carpool.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Paging Ben Daueber…and Benny Johnson…and Benjamin Neilsen… oh wait those are the three Ben’s I know.

I wasn’t referring to you Mr. D, I was referring to Mr. J, local Minneapolis area resident by way of St. Paul Park, he who has played both editions of Trek over many years. And at whose family residence I’ll likely be staying at the weekend in question if I’m able to make it down.

I took notice of your most recent trip and involvement with the Minneapolis players (and outer visitors, like yourself), so it didn’t elude my attention, altogether, good sir.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Those other Bens have obviously not heard that I've used my considerable political influence and substantial lobbying money to secure exclusive rights to the name. They will hear from my attorney.

Well, I guess it's not the most unlikely mixup I've made. Though "Benny " should probably have queued me. Hopefully I will see you there. We might get together for a couple of play tests sometime.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:20 pm Alright, after working 9 months for my current employer, Cardinal IG, in Fargo on second shift , I just got moved to first shift this week.
Congrats!

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Hey James,

Figured I should go ‘straight to the horse’s mouth’ as the saying goes, and ask point blank what cards have received errata and/or been banned and/or whatever else applicable in the last year-and-a-half to two years or so, as I’ve not fully kept up on any/all changes? (As you’re the 1E Rules Guru, unless I’m mistaken?)

Thanks for any/all help you can provide.
 -  
Community Contributor
Argh. I am very disgruntled to report that I had my vacation dates wrong. I will be out-of-town during this event and cannot attend. I'm terribly sorry to miss a chance at fresh meat a new player, but have fun out here, Hawaiian!
karonofborg13 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 am Hey James,

Figured I should go ‘straight to the horse’s mouth’ as the saying goes, and ask point blank what cards have received errata and/or been banned and/or whatever else applicable in the last year-and-a-half to two years or so, as I’ve not fully kept up on any/all changes? (As you’re the 1E Rules Guru, unless I’m mistaken?)

Oh, sorry, I didn't see this post!

I've been meaning to make a list of all bans and balancing errata myself, because the database records since Commdecker stepped down have been somewhat inconsistent. Let's take a look. (Will post again soon.)
 -  
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 am Hey James,

Mmmkay, bans since start of 2019:

Quantum Incursions (2019-02-11)
Holographic Camouflage (2019-06-03)
Ceti Eel (2019-07-01)
Memory Wipe (2019-07-01)
Persistent Individuality (2019-11-04)
Access Archives (2020-06-17)
Breen Disruptor Burst (2020-11-02)
Excalbian Surak (2021-03-01)

I need another hour to get the errata list.
 -  
Community Contributor
Errata since 2019 began, sorted into three tiers of importance:

Major Errata: This will hugely change how pretty much everyone plays with the card.

IDIC: Power of the High Command
9/9/2019
Ship & personnel downloads into play were a big jumpstart for battle (destroy a ship on turn 2). Unlimited Make It So use big for battle and dilemma busting.

Data, Keep Dealing
2020-02-03
Nerf. This former member of the "holy hexany" combo now requires a Data for use and allows only limited draw deck manipulation.

The Wake of the Borg
2020-02-03
Nerf. No longer hits Colony. Targets the Neutral Zone only if heavily used. Returns to hand instead of destroys. Borg are immune. Nullifiable. No longer a Ref card.

The Sheliak
2020-03-02
Nerf. Recreated as a self-controlling dilemma, reduces points by 10 only, and does not hit stations.

The Final Frontier
6/1/2020
This card ended up significantly more powerful than intended, and thus overshadowed all other options for OS decks. Errata has changed the timing of the ship download from automatic to in place of a card play, removed the ability to play non- [OS] personnel, and limited the use of Crew Reassignment to play [MQ] personnel.

Five-Year Mission
8/3/2020
Errata issues to limited this card to decks using all [OS] cards, and changing the timing of the draw to end of turn.

Moderate Errata: This will significantly affect some uses of the card, particularly uses that have been deemed abuses. You're going to notice it and should be aware of it.

Panel Overload
2019-03-04
Removed Scan/Full-Planet Scan hate. (Both cards were separetely nerfed some time ago.)

Dr. McCoy
6/1/2020
Dr. McCoy's ability to repeatedly nullify MEDICAL dilemmas was overwhelming to several dilemma strategies and overly powerful. His errata limits this ability to once per game.

Treaty: Romulan/Vulcan
9/9/2019
Seedability and off-era Romulans helped make Vulcan decks too powerful.

Strategic Diversion
2020-03-02
Moved to the Neutral Zone region, based on its story.

Lt. Uhura
Through the Looking Glass
2020-06-01
Nerf. Nullification power changed from once each turn to once per game, and only where present.

Mission Briefing PADD
2020-07-06
Nerf. Can no longer be immediately used when downloaded into an active mission attempt. Made unique for clean rules.

Vulcan PADD
2020-07-06
Nerf. Can no longer be immediately used when downloaded into an active mission attempt. Made unique for clean rules.

Classic Communicator
7/6/2020

Classic Medical Tricorder
7/6/2020

Classic Tricorder
7/6/2020

Enemies of the State
9/8/2020
Errata adds a countdown, fixes a rules loophole with no opponent's personnel, and slightly adjusts the requirements.

Rayna Kapec
2020-11-02
Due to a printing error, Rayna Kapec (who was supposed to have SCIENCE classification) was released with MEDICAL classification instead.

Open Diplomatic Relations
2021-07-05
Treaty-retrieval function can now be used multiple times without discarding objective. Also general rewording for clarity.

Minor Errata: There are technically functional changes here, but you're unlikely to notice them except in rare, weird, or abusive edge cases.

Balancing Act
2019-03-04
Changed to only consider what a player actually seeded, since planet types can be changed by Buried Alive, Planet Killer, Black Hole, etc.

Assimilate Homeworld
2019-12-09
Updated wording for refined definition of "scouting." This objective is now placed on a mission when completed.

Harness Particle 010
2019-12-09
Updated wording for refined definition of "scouting." This objective is now placed on a mission when completed.

Salvage Starship
2019-12-09

Assimilate Planet
2019-12-09

Establish Gateway
2019-12-09

Tomalak of Borg
2020-02-03
Property logo changed to work in Continuing Mission decks.

Gowron of Borg
2020-02-03
Property logo changed to work in Continuing Mission decks.

Anhaica
2020-03-02
Added the word "different" to his special skill to clarify that he does not work with himself or with other copies of himself.

Dyson Sphere Door
2020-04-06
Change to prevent Dyson Sphere from overriding The Squire's Rules. Side effect: no longer ignores your own Computer Crash.

Montgomery Scott
2021-03-01
Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup. Side effect: no longer draws a card with Continuing Mission.

Black Hole
2021-03-01
Reworded for clarity. "Full turns" converted to countdown icon, allowing interaction with cards that affect countdowns.

Maximum Firepower
2021-03-03
Borg cubes no longer get an extra damage marker from a hit with this card.

Buried Alive
2021-05-03
Rewording to ensure it counts missions at start of game (rather than as affected by, say, Planet Killer or Black Hole.)

Establish Relations
2021-07-05
Made the download optional to avoid side effects of a failed mandatory download.

Hide and Seek
2021-07-05
Changed card type to Q Dilemma instead of Q Dilemma/Event and removed function that was designed to counter Q-bypass decks (which have been addressed elsewhere). Cleaned up wording of remaining function.

Space-Time Portal
2021-07-05
Reworded for clarity. The "once per turn" restriction no longer applies to seed-phase "turns."

Treaty: Federation/Romulan/Klingon
2021-07-05
Minor rewording for clarity. Now technically functions if you have side decks, as long as they are currently closed.

Non-Functional ("Clarifying") Errata: This changed literally nothing about how the card plays. Usually rewording for clarity or to preserve functionality when a rule changes.

Vina
2019-03-04
Added species identification. Corrected lore to name "Christopher Pike."

Alien Abduction: Test Subjects
2020-11-02
Minor rewording for clarity.

Computer Weapon & Hyper-Aging
2020-11-02

DNA Metamorphosis
2020-11-02

Hyper-Aging
2020-11-02

Nitrium Metal Parasites
2020-11-02

Alien Abduction
2020-11-02

Menthar Booby Trap
2020-11-02

REM Fatigue Hallucinations
2020-11-02

Chief Engineer Scott
2021-03-01
Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended. General lore cleanup.

Data Laughing
2021-03-01

Engage Shuttle Operations
2021-03-01

Hologram Ruse
2021-03-01

Miles O'Brien
Emissary
2021-03-01
Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. General lore cleanup.

Mr. Scott
The Cage
2021-03-01
Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended.

Mr. Scott
The Motion Pictures
2021-03-01
Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup.

Q2
2021-03-01

The Genesis Effect
2021-05-03
Minor rewording for clarity, deleting related Glossary entry.

Seek Hidden Reliquary
2021-05-03
Minor rewording for clarity, verifying that it works only at a planet.

Ajur
2021-05-03
Typo in lore of previous erratum: "ruthless" should have been "ruthlessly."

Abandon Ship!
2021-07-05
Lore corrected to name "Kathryn Janeway" instead of non-existent card "Captain Kathryn Janeway."

Armus: Sticky Situation
2021-07-05

Darmok
2021-07-05
Lore corrected to include "typical Tamarian vessel".

Explore Interstellar Matter
2021-07-05
On the opponent's end, minor rewording for clarity.

Hippocratic Oath
2021-07-05

Make Us Go
2021-07-05

Reflection Therapy
2021-07-05

Spacedoor
2021-07-05

Suna
2021-07-05
Clarified species.

Unscientific Method
2021-07-05
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
If you plan on attending, please pre-register! My intention is to run and not play these gigs, and I wanna be looking across a vast landscape of Frozen Chosen as I do so. :wink:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Attendance from the invaders looks to be a little in flux, but what about the remaining members of the Frozen Chosen?

Robert Petersen
James Heaney
Nat Kirton
Justin Kaufman
Ben Johnson
Matt Frid
Barry Windschitl
Jeremy Benedict
Lillian Chan
Dan Van Kampen

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Get pre-registered if you think you can make it this weekend!
 -  
Community Contributor
This may have gotten lost in my reply to Matt, but:
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:59 pm Argh. I am very disgruntled to report that I had my vacation dates wrong. I will be out-of-town during this event and cannot attend. I'm terribly sorry to miss a chance at fresh meat a new player, but have fun out here, Hawaiian!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation