This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 180 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:As I'm finishing the long-delayed update, something caught my eye.

T'Pol from Enterprise Collection and from Remastered appears to have changed the text of the [DL] from the original print to the new one. I don't have any record of when this happened or if it was an oversight.

Original: [DL] Any interrupt with Vulcan in the gametext or lore.
Current: [DL] Any interrupt with "Vulcan" in title or gametext

If anyone can advise, that'd be great :)
Actually, yeah, I remember this!

For Project Shran / Enteprise Remastered, there were a number of small non-functional "cleanup" changes like this. I believe this was also when we changed Phlox's lore to confirm he was denobulan (allowing us to remove that from the Glossary).

This particular change was made because it covers the same set of Interrupts, but is less labor-intensive for players. Right around that time, Rules was starting to become concerned about how much the modern game forces people to pay attention (in minute detail!) to lore, and this has come out in various ways in the past few years, usually in the development phase. This was a very low-cost way to divert attention away from lore on an already-released card -- a rare chance -- with no side-effects, so we suggested it. Since Matt Zinno, head of Errata, was the most concerned of any of us about the game's reliance on lore, he happily took the idea.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yes - noticed that Jeremy Lucas also had a tweak to properly refer to Phlox. Thank you. My list is complete - if you want to do some website tweaks, the blue and red text on the Google Doc is what you want.
 -  
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:Yes - noticed that Jeremy Lucas also had a tweak to properly refer to Phlox. Thank you. My list is complete - if you want to do some website tweaks, the blue and red text on the Google Doc is what you want.
Much obliged. I'll try and find time to fill in some database holes tomorrow.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This list is updated, adding Dyson Sphere Door.

The grant total is now 265 cards with errata.

The Google Doc is updated as well, linked at the top.

Enjoy!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
June 1, 2020 update

Added:
[Inc] The Final Frontier
[Fed] Dr. McCoy (1:TWT)
[Fed] Lt. Uhura (2:TtLG)

Let's see if this keeps the Original Series more balanced.

New total is 268 errata.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
harry696 wrote:Is Dr. McCoy (Virtual Promo 49VP) included in the total errata card count as it also has received errata?

Yes.

I proofread the errata on both versions so I know they didn't forget about him. :wink:

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I know I'm a bit behind on this list with the Equipment dial-a-skill from July and the August Final Frontier errata. I will update the list this upcoming Monday with those and any potential September errata. No point in doing it now if I'll just have to go back in to update again in a few days.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Updated for the July, August, and September errata. The Google Doc is now 48 pages.

Added:
[P] Enemies of the State
[Equ] Classic Communicator
[Equ] Classic Medical Tricorder
[Equ] Classic Tricorder
[Equ] Mission Briefing PADD
[Equ] Vulcan PADD
[Evt] Five-Year Mission

Updated:
[Equ] Vulcan Tricorder (It has a cosmetic errata before, but now has more significant to follow the other dial-a-skill equipment.)

Now there is 275 cards with errata. (I am not considering multiple prints of one card - 275 distinct cards with errata.) I'll try to update this more in a more timely manner in the future.
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm updating the database errata entries, because it turns out there are a ton of errata entries (70+) since 2019 that were not logged as errata in the errata table, and therefore the system has no idea when or why the cards got errata -- just that they did.

The system says Husnock Outpost received errata. The errata image is from OTSD-Remastered, so I assume that's when the errata happened. Looking at the two cards, though, I can't see any differences. What changed here? It doesn't seem to have any different gametext. (It may be lore, but I can't see it, but I often can't.)

EDIT: @jrch5618 , your Google Doc of all errata was an absolute and utter godsend to me in this project. Thank you. Let me repay the favor with a list of all errata (or, gosh, I hope it's all errata) since your last update:

Five-Year Mission 8/3/2020 Errata issues to limited this card to decks using all [OS] cards, and changing the timing of the draw to end of turn.
Enemies of the State 9/8/2020 Errata adds a countdown, fixes a rules loophole with no opponent's personnel, and slightly adjusts the requirements.
Rayna Kapec 2020-11-02 Due to a printing error, Rayna Kapec (who was supposed to have SCIENCE classification) was released with MEDICAL classification instead.
Alien Abduction: Test Subjects 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Computer Weapon & Hyper-Aging 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
DNA Metamorphosis 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Hyper-Aging 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Nitrium Metal Parasites 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Alien Abduction 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Menthar Booby Trap 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
REM Fatigue Hallucinations 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Montgomery Scott 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup. Side effect: no longer draws a card with Continuing Mission.
Black Hole 2021-03-01 Reworded for clarity. "Full turns" converted to countdown icon, allowing interaction with cards that affect countdowns.
Chief Engineer Scott 2021-03-01 Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended. General lore cleanup.
Data Laughing 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Engage Shuttle Operations 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Hologram Ruse 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Miles O'Brien Emissary 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. General lore cleanup.
Mr. Scott The Cage 2021-03-01 Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended.
Mr. Scott The Motion Pictures 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup.
Q2 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Maximum Firepower 2021-03-03 Borg cubes no longer get an extra damage marker from a hit with this card.
Buried Alive 2021-05-03 Rewording to ensure it counts missions at start of game (rather than as affected by, say, Planet Killer or Black Hole.)
The Genesis Effect 2021-05-03 Minor rewording for clarity, deleting related Glossary entry.
Seek Hidden Reliquary 2021-05-03 Minor rewording for clarity, verifying that it works only at a planet.
Ajur 2021-05-03 Typo in lore of previous erratum: "ruthless" should have been "ruthlessly."
Open Diplomatic Relations 2021-07-05 Treaty-retrieval function can now be used multiple times without discarding objective. Also general rewording for clarity.
Establish Relations 2021-07-05 Made the download optional to avoid side effects of a failed mandatory download.
Hide and Seek 2021-07-05 Changed card type to Q Dilemma instead of Q Dilemma/Event and removed function that was designed to counter Q-bypass decks (which have been addressed elsewhere). Cleaned up wording of remaining function.
Space-Time Portal 2021-07-05 Reworded for clarity. The "once per turn" restriction no longer applies to seed-phase "turns."
Treaty: Federation/Romulan/Klingon 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity. Now technically functions if you have side decks, as long as they are currently closed.
Abandon Ship! 2021-07-05 Lore corrected to name "Kathryn Janeway" instead of non-existent card "Captain Kathryn Janeway."
Armus: Sticky Situation 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Darmok 2021-07-05 Lore corrected to include "typical Tamarian vessel".
Explore Interstellar Matter 2021-07-05 On the opponent's end, minor rewording for clarity.
Hippocratic Oath 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Make Us Go 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Reflection Therapy 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Spacedoor 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Suna 2021-07-05 Clarified species.
Unscientific Method 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.

-  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:13 amThe system says Husnock Outpost received errata. The errata image is from OTSD-Remastered, so I assume that's when the errata happened. Looking at the two cards, though, I can't see any differences. What changed here? It doesn't seem to have any different gametext. (It may be lore, but I can't see it, but I often can't.)
The difference is the title. The original card was printed just like all other Outposts at the time as "Husnock" but the format now is "❖ Husnock Outpost". As it's a reprint, I'm guessing it's less a "new" errata and more a "this is a new image of a previous errata" (as I believe all of the Outposts had previously had this errata done to them some time ago).
Last edited by Masked Thespian on Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:13 am I'm updating the database errata entries, because it turns out there are a ton of errata entries (70+) since 2019 that were not logged as errata in the errata table, and therefore the system has no idea when or why the cards got errata -- just that they did.

The system says Husnock Outpost received errata. The errata image is from OTSD-Remastered, so I assume that's when the errata happened. Looking at the two cards, though, I can't see any differences. What changed here? It doesn't seem to have any different gametext. (It may be lore, but I can't see it, but I often can't.)

EDIT: @jrch5618 , your Google Doc of all errata was an absolute and utter godsend to me in this project. Thank you. Let me repay the favor with a list of all errata (or, gosh, I hope it's all errata) since your last update:

Five-Year Mission 8/3/2020 Errata issues to limited this card to decks using all [OS] cards, and changing the timing of the draw to end of turn.
Enemies of the State 9/8/2020 Errata adds a countdown, fixes a rules loophole with no opponent's personnel, and slightly adjusts the requirements.
Rayna Kapec 2020-11-02 Due to a printing error, Rayna Kapec (who was supposed to have SCIENCE classification) was released with MEDICAL classification instead.
Alien Abduction: Test Subjects 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Computer Weapon & Hyper-Aging 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
DNA Metamorphosis 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Hyper-Aging 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Nitrium Metal Parasites 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Alien Abduction 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Menthar Booby Trap 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
REM Fatigue Hallucinations 2020-11-02 Minor rewording for clarity.
Montgomery Scott 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup. Side effect: no longer draws a card with Continuing Mission.
Black Hole 2021-03-01 Reworded for clarity. "Full turns" converted to countdown icon, allowing interaction with cards that affect countdowns.
Chief Engineer Scott 2021-03-01 Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended. General lore cleanup.
Data Laughing 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Engage Shuttle Operations 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Hologram Ruse 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Miles O'Brien Emissary 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. General lore cleanup.
Mr. Scott The Cage 2021-03-01 Added "Scotty" to lore to clarify interaction with Blended.
Mr. Scott The Motion Pictures 2021-03-01 Transporter Skill added to card because Miracle Worker no longer "contains" the skill. Added "Scotty" to lore. General lore cleanup.
Q2 2021-03-01 Minor rewording for clarity.
Maximum Firepower 2021-03-03 Borg cubes no longer get an extra damage marker from a hit with this card.
Buried Alive 2021-05-03 Rewording to ensure it counts missions at start of game (rather than as affected by, say, Planet Killer or Black Hole.)
The Genesis Effect 2021-05-03 Minor rewording for clarity, deleting related Glossary entry.
Seek Hidden Reliquary 2021-05-03 Minor rewording for clarity, verifying that it works only at a planet.
Ajur 2021-05-03 Typo in lore of previous erratum: "ruthless" should have been "ruthlessly."
Open Diplomatic Relations 2021-07-05 Treaty-retrieval function can now be used multiple times without discarding objective. Also general rewording for clarity.
Establish Relations 2021-07-05 Made the download optional to avoid side effects of a failed mandatory download.
Hide and Seek 2021-07-05 Changed card type to Q Dilemma instead of Q Dilemma/Event and removed function that was designed to counter Q-bypass decks (which have been addressed elsewhere). Cleaned up wording of remaining function.
Space-Time Portal 2021-07-05 Reworded for clarity. The "once per turn" restriction no longer applies to seed-phase "turns."
Treaty: Federation/Romulan/Klingon 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity. Now technically functions if you have side decks, as long as they are currently closed.
Abandon Ship! 2021-07-05 Lore corrected to name "Kathryn Janeway" instead of non-existent card "Captain Kathryn Janeway."
Armus: Sticky Situation 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Darmok 2021-07-05 Lore corrected to include "typical Tamarian vessel".
Explore Interstellar Matter 2021-07-05 On the opponent's end, minor rewording for clarity.
Hippocratic Oath 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Make Us Go 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Reflection Therapy 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Spacedoor 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Suna 2021-07-05 Clarified species.
Unscientific Method 2021-07-05 Minor rewording for clarity.
Yeah. I'll get going on this again soon. RL has been a pain. It's nice to be appreciated :)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]