It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

Which night(s) work best for Worlds practice?

Monday
6%
Tuesday
11%
Wednesday
6%
Thursday
17%
Friday
22%
Saturday
22%
Sunday
17%
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Commander Joe wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:22 pm I'm on discord right now and have time for some deck testing, probably not a full game though.

I'm defiantly available Tuesday evening and possibly Thursday too.
If you’re free Tuesday, why not play Tribbles? :shifty:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
James and I have been practicing late at night on Saturday for about a month now, and I am generally available later this week into the weekend if someone else wants to get a game in on Lackey. My understanding is @Commander Joe is going to Worlds too, along with Steve, Jeremy B., and Jeremy H. In combination, we are sending quite the team of Road Warriors from the Land of 10,000 Champions down to Worlds this year. However, I am wondering if @PantsOfTheTalShiar and @Hobie are going as well? If so, what are your travel plans? Do you need any practice ahead of time?
Last edited by LORE on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So I'm pretty sure that I have the time off for a roadtrip to Chicago.

The tricky part is that I don't really have time to prepare for a tournament. But I should get a few games in. Sundays are the best, but I could maybe do later on Thursday or Friday. In particular I'd like at least one game with Kris.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:59 am So I'm pretty sure that I have the time off for a roadtrip to Chicago.

The tricky part is that I don't really have time to prepare for a tournament. But I should get a few games in. Sundays are the best, but I could maybe do later on Thursday or Friday. In particular I'd like at least one game with Kris.
My dance card for the weekend is pretty open, fellas. Just pitch me a time and let's line it up.

Also, if anyone has still not booked a hotel I would suggest at least looking at the Jaslin in Chinatown. I will be staying in Chinatown with the in-laws, and as Lil and I are driving down could potentially ride share with anyone else headed to the venue. To say nothing of being available for late night deck building Friday and Saturday. :shifty:

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Commander Joe wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:22 pm @Boratus Does Friday at 7 or 8 pm work for you?

I'll log onto Discord between 7 and 8 pm each night this weekend for anyone that's available.
Either time on Friday night works for me. I should be able to play any night this week.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Apologies for sidetracking this thread, but, this week has been a tough one. In the celebrity world, the loss of Norm McDonald and Willie Garson to Cancer (at 61 and 57 respectively). And closer to home, it is with heavy heart on behalf of our own player, Ben Johnson, I announce the passing of both of his parents, Ruth and Dave Johnson of St. Paul Park, due to that other C, Covid, this past Tuesday (his mom [who was for the past 12 years was like an aunt to me] succumbed at approximately 1 pm and his Dad [the ‘goofy but lovable uncle’] at approximately 9:30 pm the same day, at 59 and 58 respectively, if I’m not mistaken. Only 7 to 8 years my senior. I don’t believe Ben will see any responses on here, but, I will pass along any condolences.

To paraphrase Denis Leary, “F! Cancer! AND F! Covid!!!”

-Matthew
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
karonofborg13 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:56 am Apologies for sidetracking this thread, but, this week has been a tough one. In the celebrity world, the loss of Norm McDonald and Willie Garson to Cancer (at 61 and 57 respectively). And closer to home, it is with heavy heart on behalf of our own player, Ben Johnson, I announce the passing of both of his parents, Ruth and Dave Johnson of St. Paul Park, due to that other C, Covid, this past Tuesday (his mom [who was for the past 12 years was like an aunt to me] succumbed at approximately 1 pm and his Dad [the ‘goofy but lovable uncle’] at approximately 9:30 pm the same day, at 59 and 58 respectively, if I’m not mistaken. Only 7 to 8 years my senior. I don’t believe Ben will see any responses on here, but, I will pass along any condolences.

To paraphrase Denis Leary, “F! Cancer! AND F! Covid!!!”

-Matthew
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry to hear this, Matt. Please let us know if there is anything myself or the crew can do for Ben during this tough time.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
On the same day? That's unbelievably horrible. If there's anything we can do, I'm in.

Thanks for letting us know, Matt.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]