Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
1. My opponent plays Infestation and has Kavis Alpha
2. I choose one personnel to be stopped, then choose B'etor for Kavis Alpha and she unstops the first personnel
3. Does Ruwon get cunning +4?

I'm assuming yes, because two personnel were stopped even though one of them comes back.

Oh wait, Kavis Alpha isn't a dilemma, so he probably only gets +2?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:29 am 1. My opponent plays Infestation and has Kavis Alpha
2. I choose one personnel to be stopped, then choose B'etor for Kavis Alpha and she unstops the first personnel
3. Does Ruwon get cunning +4?

I'm assuming yes, because two personnel were stopped even though one of them comes back.

Oh wait, Kavis Alpha isn't a dilemma, so he probably only gets +2?
As far as I know, Kavis Alpha stops, in the second case not the Infestation dilemma.
Had a similar issue with Arne Darvin and Sabotaged Transporter with this deck.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
B’Etor also only works if she is stopped by a dilemma, so her ability does not work if she is stopped by the mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Multiple flawed premises with that question. Let's break it down:

If you choose to stop a ROMULAN (not to be confused with [Rom]) for Infestation, then you can trigger Ruwon for a +2.

If you choose to stop B'Etor for Infestation, you can't trigger Ruwon (because she's not a ROMULAN).

If you choose to stop B'etor to Kavis Alpha, you can't use her ability because she's not getting stopped by a dilemma.

If you choose to stop a ROMULAN to Kavis Alpha, then you can't trigger Ruwon because that romulan was not stopped by a dilemma.

That clear things up?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 pm Romulan 😮 can't believe I've been reading that card so wrong.
Don't feel bad. I only know it so well because I fucked up years ago and jobbed Geoffrey Peterson out of a day 3 spot.

I still feel bad about that. :(
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]