Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

Last Week: Devouring a set
9-15-21 Recommend a 'beyond-starter' deck
9-8-21 Justify Your Existence!
9-1-21 Civilian, Justice & Shackelton
8-25-21 What affiliation/faction have you played the least?
8-18-21Ross is Rong 2019 Edition
8-11-21 What personnel do you want?
8-4/21High Cost Dilemma Promo Vote
7-28-21 Kill a deck
7-21-21 Let's get person(el)l
7-14-21 MCU Draft
7-7-21 Let's Get Dangerous (Missions)
6-30-21 Episode Untouched by Human Hands
6-23-21 More Keywords? More keywords!
6-16-21 We Want You as the New Recruit
6-9-2 1Most Underrated Personnel
6-2-21 Pop-Up Edition!
5-26/21A Protected Voyage
5/19/21: Mission ... Unknown!
5-12-21: Favorite theme from Heroes and Demons
5-5-21: Most Favoritist Errata Ever (May 2021)
4-28-21: Region(al) love
4-20-21: Shiny New Toy!
4-13-21: Mission: The Good, the bad and the powerful
4-6-21Change this Dilemma now!
3-31-21Which affiliation should get an HQ next?
3-24-21What keyword needs some love?:
3-17-14Which are your favorite and least favorite keywords?
3-10-14 Where can you play Trellium-D?
3-3-21Balance Team Focus
2-24-21Ding Marry Kill: Apocalypse Rising
2-17-21Cardassia Prime: Subjugated Planet Survey

We have a new set coming out! based around Voyager and the theme of interaction, card from Caretake are being revealed. Already, one main, Chakotay, has been revealed and another, Geordi LaForge, from another series as well. There is another hiding in the internet, but who is your favorite Main from Voyager?

Mains have a lot of variance with tehri meaning but in this case, I'm asking about open credit regulars. That still ahs a lot to cover being featured in two main factions. Your answer can be from Caretaker, but who is your Favorite Main Character sourced from Voyager?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OG Torres.

Or at least she was when I could play her in my [Maq] deck.

Why don't you people like fun?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:14 pmWhy don't you people like fun?
We do, so long as it's thematic and rigidly controlled.

My pick for 'Favorite Voyager Main' is Tuvok - eclectic skill set and high attributes which are ideal for those dirty low-Integrity [DQ] [P] missions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Sadly, I don’t really have a favorite Voyager main. I never really gelled with that show, which is probably why I also don’t like playing Voyager as an affiliation.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I mean, Tuvok was a well acted (honestly one of the most Vulcan feeling Vulcans in the franchise) and comparatively well written character given what everyone else on that show got. So I’d choose him if I had to pick. His card is pretty good too!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
My favorite in the show is The Doctor. In my mind, Robert Picardo ranks right up there with Patrick Stewart in terms of acting ability.

In the game... it might still be The Doctor. Kill prevention is good! And Voyager is oddly short on Biology personnel with >5 Integrity, making him very valuable if you intend to complete Caretaker's Array.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
My favorite main is The Doctor in the show. I feel a lot of my favorite episodes are the ones around him.

Can't say gameplay wise though. I haven't gotten around to 2E [Voy] at all and as much as I love [1E-DQ], I'm usually playing anyone but [Fed][Voy]. :shifty:

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:02 am Sadly, I don’t really have a favorite Voyager main. I never really gelled with that show, which is probably why I also don’t like playing Voyager as an affiliation.
Same for me.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
I do not have a favorite Voyager character from the Show.

(Kirsten Beyer's continuing Voyager novels are another story - Highly recommend!)

I actually believe every main-cast actor was quite good. Even great.

But the writing… The signs are all over the series that there was no consistent Vision for the Characters, or the plot. And all the characters suffered.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
monty42 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:45 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:02 am Sadly, I don’t really have a favorite Voyager main. I never really gelled with that show, which is probably why I also don’t like playing Voyager as an affiliation.
Same for me.
I feel like Star Trek: Voyager was a show that told you who to like and how to feel about things instead of just presenting them to you. Star Trek: Deep Space 9 had such a deep bench because they just kind of presented characters to you and the actors, the fans, and the writers themselves got to find the stuff that they loved about them. In the last season, Ezri kind of gets the type of treatment that I saw during all of Voyager with Janeway, Seven, and The Doctor in that the writers just kept telling us that these characters were interesting and, as a result, they got a lot of episodes. But the characters that just got to be interesting, like Tuvok and B'Elanna, were the episodes I gravitated towards. Neelix is probably next on that list, even though it pains me. He's like Quark in many ways and really should have had more profound changes in his personality over time, so where Quark got to grow, Neelix was just kind of Neelix. I liked the potential, even if it wasn't met for me.

That all being said, I do love Robert Picardo. People are not wrong that he's a great actor. And obviously, Mulgrew and Ryan had some heavy lifting to do as well.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:04 am
jjh wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:28 pm (Kirsten Beyer's continuing Voyager novels are another story - Highly recommend!)
Thanks for the tip! How do you feel about the other novels in this series listed on memory alpha?

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Voyager_relaunch
They are required reading to advance the story to where Beyer took over, but not nearly as strong.

As for the question in the topic, The Doctor is my favorite VOY character but I haven't been able to find a version that meshes well into my deck.

I would say that Kes, Curious Ocampa is under the radar good, especially for getting Caretaker done quickly.

And, of course, Tuvix, Symbiogenesis (which should technically count!)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I gotta say I really like most of the characters on Voyager but the one I HATED the most was Kes. Not only as the character but as an actor as well. She's even worse as a person!! I met her once little over 25 years ago and she was a WACKO! I was so glad once she got removed from Voyager.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]