For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
  • 436 posts

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Yes, doesn't make sense.
If it has to stay this way - the description needs to be worded to clarify that *no* future Voy Treachery people can be used. I think that everyone I've seen talking about these so far has interpreted it as written, which is just that a majority have to be non-future.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm Also, an update to the Voyager player achievement might be needed (as it currently requires Finding Our Way) due to the new Badlands mission.
Re-reading Plasma Storm Depths, Search for Missing Vessel, it just says "At the start of your first turn, if each of your other missions is a non-headquarters [DQ] mission, you may discard three cards (or two personnel) from hand to download a [Voy] ship."

It just downloads the ship, but doesn't let you play it. Don't you still need Finding Our Way to be able to play it?

There may be some other way to do it, I'm unaware of, since I don't regularly play 2E, and don't play Voyager when I do.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
SirRogue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:25 pm
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:41 pm Also, an update to the Voyager player achievement might be needed (as it currently requires Finding Our Way) due to the new Badlands mission.
Re-reading Plasma Storm Depths, Search for Missing Vessel, it just says "At the start of your first turn, if each of your other missions is a non-headquarters [DQ] mission, you may discard three cards (or two personnel) from hand to download a [Voy] ship."

It just downloads the ship, but doesn't let you play it. Don't you still need Finding Our Way to be able to play it?

There may be some other way to do it, I'm unaware of, since I don't regularly play 2E, and don't play Voyager when I do.
https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=1889 - Caretaker's Array

"At the start of each of your turns, you may discard a card from hand to download Finding Our Way. When a card instructs you to place a ship at your headquarters mission, that ship may be placed at this mission instead."

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=3031 - U.S.S. Equinox

"While you do not command a headquarters mission, you may play this ship at Caretaker's Array. While this ship is at a [DQ] mission, you may play [Voy] Treachery personnel, [NA] personnel, and equipment aboard this ship. While you do not command U.S.S. Voyager, you may pay the cost of losing 5 points to use an ability on a [Voy] personnel you own by discarding a Nucleogenic card from hand."

Michael
Last edited by The Ninja Scot on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:22 pm Yes, doesn't make sense.
If it has to stay this way - the description needs to be worded to clarify that *no* future Voy Treachery people can be used. I think that everyone I've seen talking about these so far has interpreted it as written, which is just that a majority have to be non-future.
I don't see how "no other personnel" is unclear unless you just stop reading.

"Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a deck that contains at least U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards, and non-[Fut] [Voy] Treachery personnel and no other personnel unless they are Non-aligned."

The "majority" tells you what half+1 of them have to be, the rest of the sentence restricts the remaining pool of personnel.
Achievement Master
By SirRogue
 - Achievement Master
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:32 pm
SirRogue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:25 pm

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=1889 - Caretaker's Array

"At the start of each of your turns, you may discard a card from hand to download Finding Our Way. When a card instructs you to place a ship at your headquarters mission, that ship may be placed at this mission instead."

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=3031 - U.S.S. Equinox

"While you do not command a headquarters mission, you may play this ship at Caretaker's Array. While this ship is at a [DQ] mission, you may play [Voy] Treachery personnel, [NA] personnel, and equipment aboard this ship. While you do not command U.S.S. Voyager, you may pay the cost of losing 5 points to use an ability on a [Voy] personnel you own by discarding a Nucleogenic card from hand."

Michael
Of course. Thank you, I knew my brain was missing a piece of the puzzle. Adding it to the amendment list.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SirRogue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:34 pm

"Play in a sanctioned, constructed, complete card pool Second Edition tournament with a deck that contains at least U.S.S. Equinox, no U.S.S. Voyager, at least 8 Nucleogenic cards, and non-[Fut] [Voy] Treachery personnel and no other personnel unless they are Non-aligned."

The "majority" tells you what half+1 of them have to be, the rest of the sentence restricts the remaining pool of personnel.
Yeah I get all that. I just don't understand why you felt it was necessary to kneecap Equinox with the non- [Fut] limitation.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SirRogue wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:04 pm
Danny wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 am Now that 2E has a Rollins, can we get Good Casting:/Great Casting: achievements for Scott MacDonald?
Scott is definitely already on the list of potentials. It's amazing how many actors there are that have played multiple roles in Star Trek!
*cough*SusannaThompson*cough*
*cough*MajelBarrett*cough*
*cough*achievementmissingestrogen*cough*

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
While we're on the subject of Achievement questions:
I can run anything wrote:Earn New School Director, Tribbles Director, and either Old School Director or Almost as Old School Director achievements.

Since you're not changing the Old School Director requirement, I assume this is the alternate path to the combined achievement... what is it, where is it, and how do I get one?

Thanks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:56 pm
Danny wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:40 am Now that 2E has a Rollins, can we get Good Casting:/Great Casting: achievements for Scott MacDonald?
Scott is definitely already on the list of potentials. It's amazing how many actors there are that have played multiple roles in Star Trek!
You left out Tricia O'Neill (Rachel Garrett, Korinas, Kurak) and Carolyn Seymour (Taris, Toreth, Mirasta Yale, Mrs. Templeton [Currently doesn't have a card] )

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

It implies the over 50 percent has to be the non-future feds, not that they're excluded in addition to personnel like cardassian Seska.
At the very least, it's going to cause confusion with some players.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Yeah I get all that. I just don't understand why you felt it was necessary to kneecap Equinox with the non- [Fut] limitation.
Yes to this as well.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:56 pm
Maggie, you should probably have Nurse Chapel check out that cough for you. :)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there a way to navigate achievements that doesn't involve Mouse hovering for those of us using screens measuring less than an adult sized hand, and not connected to mice? I just spent like 3 minutes trying to figure out how you guys can tell what the new Equinox achievements require. But the thing says "For more details on each achievement, hover your mouse over the achievement description." Whis is not presently possible for me.

Of course I can just wait until someone earns the thing and find their profile and click through to the page once it exists. But I am stuck until then.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, why can’t I use Kim or the new Chakotay when playing Equinox? And why do I need three copies of Implant for Holocapture other than that you choose to name the achievement after it? The new [Fut] Chakotay was partially made for Equinox decks and I stopped running Implant at three during testing because I found that for me it was overkill with three Photonic Turncoats et al. These achievements seem arbitrarily strict for no reason. If someone can look at a deck and instantly know “oh, this is clearly a good faith attempt to make a focused X deck” shouldn’t it qualify?

I’m really happy with the choice for what the new achievements should cover, but the way in which their requirements have been set is very disappointing to me. It’d be like coding it so that Relatively decks that include Holograms and Delta Klingon decks that don’t include three copies of Kohlar, Pilgrim Commander don’t qualify for their respective achievements. Like according to the new achievement there has virtually never been a real Equinox deck played before in 2E history because most use Revised personnel or Kim or whatever. The Hologram (holocapture) and Equinox deck lists made for articles by the designer of the new Caretaker cards to showcase the new/improved deck types and offer suggestions for how they should be used don’t qualify for the new achievements released alongside Caretaker. Isn’t that a pretty good sign that something is wrong with how strict these are?

I’d therefore like to respectfully request that the requirement for the Equinox achievement not block the use of [Fut] personnel, and that the Holocapture achievement not specify the number of any of the cards listed so long as you have all of them. The former restriction especially does not reflect how 2E players actually conceptualize or play Equinox.

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]