This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
You are correct, Decipher HAD rights under contract; they no longer do. TrekCC never had rights. CBS owns the IP and therefore has the authority to grant rights, and currently they have not given those rights to anyone. You are correct also, that there is no issue. The concern is that IF CBS decided that they want to grant rights to let's say Wizards of the Coast to make a new Trek game based on Discovery or Picard and TrekCC was making cards for those series at the time, in order to legally allow WotC to have the license, they would have to Cease and Desist us. We are just avoiding that possibility by staying out of any new properties as a show of good faith. CBS doesn't even need a reason to shut us down, but as long as we don't give them a reason, they are content to ignore us. Making cards outside of the original Decipher contract might be enough of a reason for them to finally pull our plug, so why risk it. There is plenty of untapped material in the bounds of Decipher's originally contract properties to keep this game going for a long time. If you want to play with those newer properties, then make your own dream cards and play with your local group.

By Dizzle of Borg (Dizzle of Borg)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So what I'm hearing is... If a bunch of Fans came together, and made a dream card set They wouldn't be able to come after CC because its just dream cards, nothing officially supported.

Now the question comes up, if some fans were to undertake that endeavor, could we organize on these forums? I know the cards (for all the reasons above and more) wouldn't be 1e legal, but lots of us could just put them in our fun decks anyway.

What would be the guidance around this type of effort? I'm assuming any current members of the DEV team would have to be completely hands off for legal reasons.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Dizzle of Borg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:53 am So what I'm hearing is... If a bunch of Fans came together, and made a dream card set They wouldn't be able to come after CC because its just dream cards, nothing officially supported.

Now the question comes up, if some fans were to undertake that endeavor, could we organize on these forums? I know the cards (for all the reasons above and more) wouldn't be 1e legal, but lots of us could just put them in our fun decks anyway.

What would be the guidance around this type of effort? I'm assuming any current members of the DEV team would have to be completely hands off for legal reasons.
There has been discussion back and forth about having any support for dream cards on the forums and I think currently there is no official support. I think they can be discussed in the All Things Trek forum but with no pictures I believe. There is also a lot of discussion WITH pictures on the Dojo Discord. @bosskamiura could tell you more about his Discord and any dream card rules.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 amThere has been discussion back and forth about having any support for dream cards on the forums and I think currently there is no official support. I think they can be discussed in the All Things Trek forum but with no pictures I believe.
We have a dream card forum - but there is no sanctioned support or graphics/pictures.
The CC will not not take on any additional risk of drawings the attention of CBS/Paramount.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Iron Prime wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:01 am
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 amThere has been discussion back and forth about having any support for dream cards on the forums and I think currently there is no official support. I think they can be discussed in the All Things Trek forum but with no pictures I believe.
We have a dream card forum - but there is no sanctioned support or graphics/pictures.
The CC will not not take on any additional risk of drawings the attention of CBS/Paramount.
Oh got ya, it's under Everything Else, not All Things Trek, my apologies.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
cc is acting as if it were publishing a card game. you guys dont. you show fancy pictures on a fansite.
official 1e support or not doesnt mean anything outside this 30? player bubble
nobody else cares about this project.
wotc could print their own trek game without any problems.

letting the game slowly die of age is a greater risk than to implement new trek.
and i say this, although i dont even like ENT in the game.

trekcc has zero real authority over the cards. Its only as much as players are willing to tolerate. Everyone could create a fork of the project with its own rules and tournament structure. Its just people are lazy and the playerbase is tiny. I wish someone would break this monopoly though.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:57 am cc is acting as if it were publishing a card game. you guys dont. you show fancy pictures on a fansite.

letting the game slowly die of age is a greater risk than to implement new trek.

trekcc has zero real authority over the cards. Its only as much as players are willing to tolerate. Everyone could create a fork of the project with its own rules and tournament structure. Its just people are lazy and the playerbase is tiny. I wish someone would break this monopoly though.
So basically...
Attachments:
5rahbq.jpg
5rahbq.jpg (59.6 KiB) Viewed 2420 times

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jesseon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:57 am cc is acting as if it were publishing a card game. you guys dont. you show fancy pictures on a fansite.

So basically...
yeah a better implementation of the royale episode than what cc did, would be a start

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:49 am
Jesseon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:30 am

So basically...
yeah a better implementation of the royale episode than what cc did, would be a start
I am no longer going to correct you. TrekCC is the spiritual successor of Decipher and blessed off by Decipher. Any OTHER fansite would not be 1e; it would be something else. Also, this site holds the keys to the Worlds Titles, Like it or not. Play 1.5e on Lackey for all I care. I am telling you facts, and you don't seem to like that, so take this for what you will. If you don't like the way TrekCC runs 1e, and have nothing constructive to say, well, here's the door.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
"blessed off by Decipher" what does that even mean? what kind of legal contracts does the cc possess?
and yes, i dont like the way the trekcc holds hostage of the game, so unfortunately there is not playerdriven alternative to play the game.
all i get from this, the cc believes their own facsimile they created with a bunch of creeds

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OP has been answered.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]