This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

-  
So I've taken the game back up and I've been playing for weeks with a Federation deck. I'm finally attempting to put together a Borg deck and I'm looking at example listed decks on the site. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get ships.

In my Federation deck I stacked it with 6 ships. My friends who have been playing Klingon and others also do the same. Even then, we often end up sitting around our Outpost waiting for either a ship to come up or a card that allows a download.

The two Borg decks I saw had 1 ship in the draw deck each! I've looked over their cards, and perhaps I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any cards that allow a ship download and have no idea how they are guaranteeing they don't have a cadre of drones twiddling their thumbs at their Outpost for numerous turns.

Also, please note: I am currently only playing physical cards, so I would be drawing from The Borg, Voyager, or First Contact sets.

That said, does anyone have an idea how to guarantee Borg ships more easily?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Most likely they are using They Will Be Coming, but it is a virtual card.

Seeds during facility phase on spaceline end (on far end from Earth, if possible); may download one [Bor] ship here. Once each turn, you may report a ❖ Borg to your [Bor] ship for free. Nullified if you seeded any non-Alpha Quadrant mission. (Unique.)

-  
Gotcha. I see one of them is using that. I dug a bit on the other and found that it's using SpaceDoor. That's at least physical...I'll probably have to pick that one up. Thanks for the push!

They also both have a TON of copies of the Borg Queen. I don't totally understand that logic, either.

Any thoughts?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Borg Queen is a successful probe card for every [BO] - she is a guarantee.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Also, you REALLY want to get a Borg Queen early, no matter which Queen you're using -- she's extremely good but (unlike nearly all other Borg) can't be downloaded.

Some players even use two versions of the Queen, and persona-swap.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:47 pm ... she's extremely good but (unlike nearly all other Borg) can't be downloaded.
Can't she?

:wink:
Fair, but you don't have a great way of getting *that* card out, so you've just moved the problem. (Also, that ship is OK as a backup, but by Borg standards it's like an Oberth. If you're gonna rock the collective, might as well bring the bling. )

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
PseudoSherlock wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm Gotcha. I see one of them is using that. I dug a bit on the other and found that it's using SpaceDoor. That's at least physical...I'll probably have to pick that one up. Thanks for the push!

They also both have a TON of copies of the Borg Queen. I don't totally understand that logic, either.

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the game! A few thoughts for you.

For getting a cube/borg ship early, here are the ways I can think of:

[1] Spacedoor That's a cube or any ❖ ship on turn 1.
[2] They will be coming but that will limit you to [1E-TNG] Borg.
[3] Condition Red if you can get it out, that will likely be a ship download.
[4] Scout Encounter it's a scout ship, but it is what it is

As for the queen, there are lots of variants of Borg decks (like any decks) and some may be very queen dependent. If I absolutely need a card, there will be multiple copies or ways to download it in my playdeck.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm
This is factually incorrect. TWBC pre-dates [1E-TNG] [Bor] by several years. There's nothing about it that makes it a limiting factor.

I ran Stop First Contact off of TWBC several years ago, and I know it's the most common platform for the popular (and powerful) Battle Borg build, neither of which is [1E-TNG] .

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:32 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 pm
This is factually incorrect. TWBC pre-dates [1E-TNG] [Bor] by several years. There's nothing about it that makes it a limiting factor.

I ran Stop First Contact off of TWBC several years ago, and I know it's the most common platform for the popular (and powerful) Battle Borg build, neither of which is [1E-TNG] .
Fair enough
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation