Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
34 days....

Two new eligible expansions...

3 nominations per person...

Which cards will be part of the Hall of Fame Class of 2022?

Tune in to find out!

Trek 2e Hall of Fame - Season premiere, coming January 1st, 2022!

Don't miss it!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:17 am Which expansions?
Lineage and Tapestry, both released in 2012.

Additionally, Hajur is a newly-eligible promo card, having been released in 2012 for the league season.

On top of that, all older cards that haven't been retired yet are eligible for (re-)nomination this year, so it's definitely a target-rich environment!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:38 am Just to be clear, the HoF is for cards that are overused right, not just cards that piss someone off?
You can nominate any three cards you want for any reason (or no reason!)

That's the beauty of HoF: The Community has complete control over what gets retired.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
T-Ricks wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:38 am Just to be clear, the HoF is for cards that are overused right, not just cards that piss someone off?
If you're worried that this is why I mention Crom and Intimidation, I think those are perfect examples given the philosophy of the format: some cards are used in every deck they're eligible for, and it's ok to retire them and let something else have a turn.

I have nothing personally against either although I do think that weakening attrition piles that just include the best 15-20 stoppers from the game's entire history is good.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:56 am Watch Brian and I ramble about this here.
That's some high quality qontent right there....

:cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The countdown continues! 10 days from now the nomination window will be officially open!

While we're waiting, and while people are visiting family, eating lots of delicious food, drinking copious amounts of Egg Nog, and generally having a good time, let's discuss HoF!

What cards are you hoping to see get retired this year? Why? What affiliations/ factions need some reining in? What decks are you eager to build and just need another gold jacket or two to be awarded to make it happen?

I know people are busy with all of the above stuff and more, but when you need a break from the festivities, feel free to jump in and discuss the upcoming class and what you'd like to see!

In the meantime, I hope everybody has a great Christmas, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, and any other holiday I may have missed (and I hope everyone who celebrated it had a great Channukah!)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:17 pm I know this isn’t what the format is, but what if hof only allowed you to build decks with sets where voting has taken place?
Return to Farpoint: Hall of Fame edition?

Hmmm... I don't hate that idea....

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]