By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm Hi Ensign Q,

it looks like the card you are asking about is Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, which has "Treaty:" in the title making it a Treaty card. Following the ":" rule this card is "Treaty" and can be referenced by "Treaty" alone.

-James M
yes, but what makes it bajoran?
its not a treaty: bajoran/others
and bajoran isnt even in the lore.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
If I had to guess, it's the inclusion of [Baj] in the game text as an affiliation that is allowed to work with other affiliations, but off the top of my head I can't cite a specific rule that would grant it that characteristic on that basis.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:09 pm
Orbin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm Hi Ensign Q,

it looks like the card you are asking about is Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, which has "Treaty:" in the title making it a Treaty card. Following the ":" rule this card is "Treaty" and can be referenced by "Treaty" alone.

-James M
yes, but what makes it bajoran?
its not a treaty: bajoran/others
and bajoran isnt even in the lore.
Ah, I missed that part. I would say that it references Bajoran in the game text, though I haven't checked any of the rules documents fro confirmation.

-James M

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Its a Bajoran Treaty because its a treaty that allows [Baj] to be compatible with some other affiliation. It is also simultaneously a Federation Treaty, a Klingon Treaty, and a Romulan Treaty as well and for the same reason.

Unlike most treaties that apply to the entire affiliation, Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance only applies to [1E-DS9] segments of each affiliation.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 pm so the bajoran icon in the textbox is the indicator?
Yes, in Premier the verbiage was: Plays on table. Your Federation and Klingon affiliations recognize this treaty. They can now mix and cooperate. as seen on Treaty: Federation/Klingon.

A modern version of the same card would use [Fed] and [Kli] instead of spelling it out. Again though, the card in question only pertains to [1E-DS9] sections of the 4 affiliations and not the entire affiliations.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Glossary wrote:treaties
[...]

A "Federation treaty" is any treaty which includes the Federation (or [Fed]) as one of the parties. For example, Treaty: Federation/Klingon, Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, and Organian Peace Treaty are all Federation treaties as well as Klingon treaties.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]