This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
foul_owl wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:25 pm Obviously you would have to win on that turn, or else you lose!

It seems like it could be allowed but I'm not sure.
Today? No. The errata to to Devidian Door takes that option off the table.

Even before the errata the answer would have been "yes, but..." as in you *could* do that, but by rule even if you won the game, you'd still have to show a door or you'd lose.

This was never in the card text, but Decipher made that result a rule many years ago.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:36 am if you have a door on the table, you can use it without another one, but you will lose the game then.
perfect concession
Before the errata, this was THE way to concede. You always had the power to nope out of a game using the rules of the game
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:29 am Before the errata, this was THE way to concede. You always had the power to nope out of a game using the rules of the game
The "play a non- [HA] as a [HA]" trick is slightly superior IMO, since you can reveal the card at any time to lose. :D

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
foul_owl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:13 am I was considering playing pre-errata, since I only have one physical copy of the card, and really I was just curious how the rules played out pre-errata.

Thank you!
I believe that even pre errata, you’d have to show the card or lose the game even if you “won” on that turn,
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:26 am I believe that even pre errata, you’d have to show the card or lose the game even if you “won” on that turn,
:thumbsup:

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nowdays you are allowed say devidian door as often as you want, even if you don´t have the card. it just doesn´t do anything anymore positive or negative until you have the card out :wink: :D

The errated version was a good choice, you find it
https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=950
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation