This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks!

Happy Friday! And Happy Hanukkah to those of you celebrating! Today's question is pretty simple: what do you want for 1E Christmas? But I'm not talking about getting some boosters under your tree - though wouldn't that be nice! No, for this question, I'm asking what you want to see us (the Continuing Committee's Department of First Edition) get you as a gift.

For example, some ideas:

- A specific personnel you really want to see on a card.
- Your favorite episode turned into a boutique set.
- A new theme (Music? Youth?).
- New cards for an old theme ( [1E-DS9] Ferengi? [1E-DQ] [Maq]?)
- A problem card banned/fixed.
- A favorite card off the ban list.

And that's just a few, I know there are many, many more ideas out there. So for today's question, consider me the Santa Claus of 1E. Tell me what you wish for, and I'll see how many wishes I can grant. (Just don't expect them before Christmas this year, we don't work that fast. :P )

Thanks all, and have a great weekend.

-crp
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Sufficiently easy rules tweaks also on the table here. We have a Rules Update on January 3rd, which is the 10th day of Christmas, so it's 100% legit Christmas presents (and close enough to Epiphany presents if you're Eastern Orthodox).

So sound off!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
A game that's less complex and time-consuming. I would like a game that can be played under the original 1h timeslot, decks that don't take 2 weeks to build, and a game that dares more without confuse complexity for depth.

And my list to Santa goes on but this is on the top of my list for now. =)
Last edited by Smiley on Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Smiley wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:08 pm A game that's less complex and time-consuming. I would like a game that can be played under the original 1h timeslot, decks that don't take 2 weeks to build, and a game that dares more without misconceiving complexity for depth.

Well not even 2e does this anymore so just accept the snow on the ground. :D

Santa - I wish for more cards that would make Dyson sphere doorway worth playing.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
When I stop and stare at the exploding star Christmas ornament on my tree (and right before a kid I've never seen before runs up to me and yells "Pa-Pa!" in a forced french/english accent), I see:

Tough dilemmas (and other Verbs) that reward thoughtful crew/deck building and WRECK fast and cheap and free crew/deck building, including BORG.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Alternate-image versions of Davar and Turanj that lack the Nazi imagery, because as it is those cards are, I think, literally illegal to possess as printed in certain countries.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:25 pm Alternate-image versions of Davar and Turanj that lack the Nazi imagery, because as it is those cards are, I think, literally illegal to possess as printed in certain countries.
the show was uncensored on television, so i doubt its illegal

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:08 pm A game that's less complex and time-consuming. I would like a game that can be played under the original 1h timeslot, decks that don't take 2 weeks to build, and a game that dares more without confuse complexity for depth.

it certainly would help if the cards explain themselves without the need of glossary and forum.
easy to learn, hard to master should be the goal. which it kinda is until you stumble into hidden keywords that do totally different things than common english would suggest.

By Carwash (Marcus Smith)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Set rotation.
Block to be taken seriously and supported as a format.
Design driven more by what the game needs, less by what players say they want.
^^And what Smiley said. :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:33 am
nobthehobbit wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:25 pm Alternate-image versions of Davar and Turanj that lack the Nazi imagery, because as it is those cards are, I think, literally illegal to possess as printed in certain countries.
It's not illegal, and those cards aren't illegal, but that hasn't stopped the uninformed from beating on this drum whenever they get the chance, apparently.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:59 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:33 am
It's not illegal, and those cards aren't illegal, but that hasn't stopped the uninformed from beating on this drum whenever they get the chance, apparently.
I think the truth is murkier than you are allowing for. Granted, the most recent English language article I can find is dated 2018, but it pretty clearly states that your results may vary.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A federation light attack craft (like from the latter [1E-DS9] ) that’s ❖ and also a universal ❖ captain would be like the [Fed] version of Rinnak Pire.

Also the steam runner and jager classes. A creative fed attack deck is what I want for Xmas.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]