For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Would you play in an online Peldor Joi event?

Yes, but only a rated event
14%
Yes, and I'm willing to Bend the Rules in an unrated event
43%
No, I'm too busy this month
43%
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm thinking about doing an online sealed event for the month of December, starting next Monday. This event would be flagged as a Peldor Joi event, so your entry fee is taking some canned goods to your local food pantry. I will need a selfie of this!

Oh, and here's the rules sheet for Bending the Rules.

Since everyone's time is pretty limited this time of year, I'm planning to set up an Enhanced Premiere Warp Speed, which I thought was super fun when I played it last. Like the Decipher article says, everyone will get one of the EP dual personnel (with their corresponding Mission II outpost), two random combo dilemmas and a random Wormhole Mission II, along with 4 packs of premiere.

Note that this is Warp Speed, so the only banned card would be Raise the Stakes. Does this sound like something folks would be interested in?
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 pm I'm thinking about doing an online sealed event for the month of December, starting next Monday. Since everyone's time is pretty limited this time of year, I'm planning to set up an Enhanced Premiere Warp Speed, which I thought was super fun when I played it last. Like the Decipher article says, everyone will get one of the EP dual personnel (with their corresponding Mission II outpost), two random combo dilemmas and a random Wormhole Mission II, along with 4 packs of premiere.

Note that this is Warp Speed, so the only banned card would be Raise the Stakes. Does this sound like something folks would be interested in?
I may be able to fit in a 3-rounder.

But if we're gonna do a Peldor event, let's go all in and do a bend the rules - especially for Warp Speed!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I see 4 folks wanting to play, so EP Warp Speed it is! Please preregister so I know how many pools to generate.

Also, we're tied 2-2 on Bend the Rules, so I'll let the poll roll for a bit longer.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
@Armus has pointed out that the Bend the Rules rules don't work so hot in Warp Speed. Any suggestions?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:57 pm @Armus has pointed out that the Bend the Rules rules don't work so hot in Warp Speed. Any suggestions?
Here's my 5 proposed Warp Speed Rule-benders...

1.) Gain a card play (so you'll play 3 cards that turn)
2.) Shuffle your hand, place it beneath your draw deck, and draw the same number of cards (also known as Masaka yourself)
3.) Take a card from your discard pile into hand
4.) In place of a card play, download a ship
5.) Have one of your personnel gain any skill until end of turn.

Each of these can be done once per game.

Thoughts?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:53 pm Can #5 be done during a mission attempt? ;)
No. At any time speed would probably be OK though...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:15 pm Wrp Speed is dull. I only play OTF constructed :( .
I usually agree with this sentiment, but right now my schedule is limited and my brain is too full with real world stuff to build a proper 1e constructed deck, so Warp Speed checks the boxes for me in this particular case.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Alright, so let's get this party started! We have four players, so we're just going to schedule it round robin. Build your decks (please see your PMs) and schedule your games with your opponents whenever it's convenient and hope we have things done within the month. Nominally, the first round is

Brian Sykes (@Armus) vs. Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) FW 40-35
Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) FW 50-30

Since no one else objected to Brian's Bend the Rules variants, we will go with his suggestion:
1.) Gain a card play (so you'll play 3 cards that turn)
2.) Shuffle your hand, place it beneath your draw deck, and draw the same number of cards (also known as Masaka yourself)
3.) Take a card from your discard pile into hand
4.) In place of a card play, download a ship
5.) Have one of your personnel gain any skill until end of turn. (This does not happen at suspends play speed.)

Please note, I am also imposing a limit of 5 extra cans you can bring at the start of the tournament to use to bend the rules. If you lose them all in the 1st round, that's your problem. This doesn't mean that you can't donate more to your local food bank, but rather puts everyone on an equal footing.

Finally, don't forget that this is Warp Speed rules, so the only card that is banned is Raise the Stakes. Bring all your Premiere cheese to to the party!
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Just to clarify, while all of the above can be done at "at any time" (i.e., interrupt) speed, 1 and 4 can only be done during your card play phase... no playing cards in the orders phase!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Now it’s time for Round 2 pairings!

Maggie Geppert (jadziadax8) vs. Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw)
Brian Sykes (@Armus vs. Niall Matthew (@sexecutioner)

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]