Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Happy New Year!

As promised, with the dropping of the ball, the 2022 Hall of Fame (HoF) nomination window is now open!

As part of my agreement with the CC powers that be to provide more support for HoF, I've drafted, and they've approved a formal process document that more clearly defines how everything works. It's a bit long, but if you want to read it in full, it's below the tag:

Hall of Fame Format Nomination and Voting Process

Introduction: The Hall of Fame Format is a community-driven Star Trek CCG Second Edition tournament format. Each year, the community nominates and votes on eligible cards to be "Retired" into the Hall of Fame. Players may not use retired cards in Hall of Fame Format tournaments.

Hall of Fame (HoF) Community Coordinator: The HoF Community Coordinator is responsible for running the nomination and voting processes, to include managing any updates to the same, announcing newly retired cards after the voting concludes, and working with the CC staff to ensure the Hall of Fame Format Documents are properly updated. As HoF is a community-driven format, the HoF Community Coordinator is a community volunteer and not a member of any CC department.

Nomination Process: During the nomination window, each community member may submit up to three (3) valid nominations of eligible cards for the Hall of Fame. Nominations must be posted publicly in the appropriate thread on the TrekCC forum, or PMd to the Community Coordinator, for posting on the member's behalf. The Community Coordinator may also accept nominations through other channels (e.g., Discord) but must post the nominations in the nomination thread with attribution for the nominations to be considered official.

Nomination Window: The Nomination Window shall run from January 1st-January 31st. The Community Coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the nomination thread and compiling the list of valid nominations for voting.

Valid Nomination: In order to be considered valid, a nominated card must be eligible for retirement, not already retired, and not already nominated in the current year by another community member. An eligible card is a card that was released on or before December 31st of the year a decade prior to being nominated (e.g., for the 2022 voting period, all cards released on or before December 31st, 2012 are eligible for nomination).

Voting Process: The Community Coordinator will provide a complete ballot of all valid nominations to the community at the start of the voting window. Each community member is eligible to vote, and in order for their ballot to be counted, must vote Yes or No on each nomination. The question to be voted on is "should this card be in the Hall of Fame?" As such, a Yes vote means the community member wants to retire the card, while a No vote means they do not want to retire the card. Community Members must submit their completed ballot to the Community Coordinator (generally, but not necessarily, via PM). At the end of the voting window, the Community Coordinator will tabulate the results and announce the new class of retired cards. In order to be retired, a card must receive at least a 65% Yes vote from all ballots received.

Voting Window: The Voting Window will open on February 1st and close on the last day of February. The Community Coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the voting thread and compiling and posting the voting results.

Post-Voting Actions: Once the results of the voting have been posted in the forum, the CC staff is responsible for updating the official Hall of Fame retired list and making the appropriate updates to the database. This should be done as soon as possible so as to facilitate upcoming Hall of Fame events.

New Class "Induction": The updated Hall of Fame list, to include the cards retired in the current year's ballot, will take effect as soon as the official list is updated, or March 15th, whichever comes first. If the official list is not updated by March 15th, the forum post announcing the results will serve as a supplement to the official list until such time as the list is updated.

However, if you just want to get right to it, here's the short version:

[SD] You can nominate up to 3 eligible cards

[SD] Eligible cards consist of any cards released on or before December 31, 2012 that aren't already in the Hall of Fame (you can find the list of retired cards here). Newly-eligible sets this year are Lineage and Tapestry, plus all previous sets. Additionally, Hajur is newly-eligible this year (as are all previously-released promos).

[SD] To make your nominations, please post them here in this thread or PM me and I'll post them here on your behalf. I will also maintain a master list of all nominations at the bottom of this post.

[SD] Once a card has been nominated there's no need for someone else to nominate it.

[SD] The Nomination Window closes January 31. Voting begins on February 1. I'll have more details when I put the voting thread up next month.

So there it is! Start thinking about what cards' times have come and get those nominations in so we can start the new year on a fun note!

Here's to a great Trek-filled 2022! :cheersL:

Nominations so far:
Intimidation
Crom, Open-minded
Haadok
Confessions in the Pale Moonlight
Trellium-D
Energize
Greater Needs
Pitching in
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer
Remata’Klan, Unit Leader
Arak’Taral, Suspicious Second
Borg Queen, Guardian of the Hive
Our Death is Glory to the Founders
Ardent Predator
Enterprise, Damaged Starship
Legacy
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Brunt, FCA Liquidator
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
I.K.S. K'Vort
Timescape
Assess Contamination
Rescue Captives
Ikat'Ika, Honorable Warrior
Keevan, Conniving Liar
Bareil Antos, Esteemed Vedek
Second, Neonatal Drone
Christening
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivor
Davies
Kahmis
Tozara'Kesh
I.K.S. Vorn, Ship of Traitors
Falsify Distress Signal
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
Advanced Battle Simulation
Changed History
Counterinsurgency Program
Audacious Assault
No Peace in our Time
Unicomplex, Root of the Hive Mind
Comfort Women
Shady Resources
The Promise
Enrique Muñiz
Inversion Mystery
Escape Gulag
Track Survivors
Galor
Chang, Gorkon's Chief of Staff
Thexor
Rule of Acquisition #239
Disadvantage Into Advantage
Labor Camp
Benjamin Sisko, The Emissary of the Prophets
Opaka, Kai of Bajor
Locutus, Voice of the Borg
Healing hand
Honorable Pursuit
Tacking into the Wind
Hindrance
Infestation
Firestorm
Unfair Comparison
Rogue Borg Ambush
Sense of Obligation
Inequitable Exchange
Equinox Doctor, Unethical Medical Hologram
Marla Gilmore, Conflicted Engineer
Last edited by Armus on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 am, edited 22 times in total.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
How about:

Trellium-D
Energize

(I would've said Intimidation and Crom but Monty got to those already.)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
How do people who don't even play the game get a vote in this anyway...?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
monty42 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:48 am How do people who don't even play the game get a vote in this anyway...?
I have chosen not to vote. However, there is no harm in having more cards on the ballot, as each card is evaluated individually by voters. Since there are no limits on how many Yes or No votes a ballot may contain, the presence of more cards on the ballot does not impact the likelihood of any other card being inducted.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Continuing the tradition of past years, for anyone looking for nomination ideas (or not-nomination ideas?) here are the last two years' nominees who fell short of the threshold:

2021:
Trellium-D
Energize
Brunt, FCA Liquidator
Healing hand
Honorable Pursuit
Kahmis
Disadvantage Into Advantage
Firestorm
Tacking into the Wind
Assess Contamination
Locutus, Voice of the Borg
Luther Sloan, Man of Secrets
Coordinated Counterattack
Labor Camp
No Win Situation
Stir Crazy
Davies
Reyga, Young Scientist
I.K.S. K'Vort
Infestation
The New Resistance
Mining Survey
Pitching In
Alpha 5 Approach, Transport Crash Survivors
Two of Two, Adaptation Drone
Tozara'Kesh
Thexor
D'Deridex Advanced
Greater needs
Timescape
Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice
Inequitable Exchange
Recurring Injury
Christening
Cry "Havoc"!
Lore, Brother and Son
Revelry
Orfil Quinteros
Chang
Galor

Second, Neonatal Drone
Sphere 117, Renegade Borg Sphere
Athos IV, Maquis Base
Caretaker's Array
Earth, Cradle of the Federation
Earth, Lush and Beautiful Home
Qo'noS, Heart of the Empire
Romulus, Seat of Power
Unicomplex, Root of the Hive Mind

2020:

Unrelenting
Hindrance
Elim Garak, Crafty Underling
Feast on the dying
Dukat, Cardassian Representative
Lore, The One
Host Metaphasic Shielding Test
Infinite Diversity
Enterprise, Damaged Starship
Data, Lucasian Chair
Dignitaries and Witnesses
Chula: The Dice
Timescape
Ensnared
NX-Prototype
William Ross, "Temporary" Ally
Destroy Transwarp Hub
Ferenginar, Financial Hub
Last edited by Armus on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:12 am, edited 16 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:55 am Benjamin Sisko, Command Staffer
Remata’Klan, Unit Leader
Arak’Taral, Suspicious Second

I remembered this year!
So it turns out you actually *did* nominate cards last year. I think it was Staffer Sisko specifically that you forgot about! :wink:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Our Death is Glory to the Founders
Ardent Predator

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]