This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 am
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 am Absolute Power or Reman Sacrifice?
Reman Sacrifice wouldn't work as I'm not looking at Remans.

Absolute Power *could* work, but that begs the question: can I kill a personnel to unstop my augments if I have zero augments in play? (Or zero stopped augments? Or zero matching augments? Or zero stopped matching augments?) Or is that not a legal move since I don't have all the targets? Can I pay a cost for zero effect?

(I know it works in 2e, but that obviously doesn't help here)
I would say "all" can mean 0, like how Not So Demilitarized works "while all your facilities are [1E-Maq] " and no such facilities exist.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 pm "All" can mean 0 the same way that "most" can mean 0.
So, you get to unstop all your personnel, because they're all equally the most augment-y? ;)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:29 am
JeBuS wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:34 pm "All" can mean 0 the same way that "most" can mean 0.
So, you get to unstop all your personnel, because they're all equally the most augment-y? ;)
It doesn't say anything about me that I first read that as "argument-y", right? :shifty:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
There is no superlative. Augment is a binary condition. so you have augments or you dont.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:38 pm There is no superlative. Augment is a binary condition. so you have augments or you dont.
I'm pretty sure that @AllenGould was being tongue-in-cheek with that one.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:02 pm
pfti wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:38 pm There is no superlative. Augment is a binary condition. so you have augments or you dont.
I'm pretty sure that @AllenGould was being tongue-in-cheek with that one.
Well, it does illustrate the weirdness in the argument that you can not count as "all X" but *can* be the "most X", and when I have ever turned down an opportunity to poke fun at 1E weirdness?

(Answer: actually a lot, if I can't think of a good* joke.)

(* quality of joke subject to change, terms and conditions apply.)

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 am
KazonPADD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 am Absolute Power or Reman Sacrifice?
Reman Sacrifice wouldn't work as I'm not looking at Remans.

Absolute Power *could* work, but that begs the question: can I kill a personnel to unstop my augments if I have zero augments in play? (Or zero stopped augments? Or zero matching augments? Or zero stopped matching augments?) Or is that not a legal move since I don't have all the targets? Can I pay a cost for zero effect?

(I know it works in 2e, but that obviously doesn't help here)
I posed a question about an empty U.S.S. Valiant with an M-5 Computer and Training Cruise and it was said that 0 non-cadets and 0 cadets meets the requirement for TC so I imagine this works the same way.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation